Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Review submitted in Jeans Contest Contest
Reviewed by:JEF

About JEFstarstarstar
Member since: 7/27/05

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:5/17/10 10:43 PM
Last Updated:2/12/12 3:17 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Margaret said... (2/20/12 4:55 AM) Reply
Nice work on all the versions. I really like the cats and kiwi!
JDpenelope said... (2/17/12 6:10 AM) Reply
I enjoyed your review -- and dared to look at your belly button picture. It was interesting to see how high this pair of low rise jeans turned out on your 5'4" frame. I didn't want a 3 inch zipper, so opted for regular rise; on me (I'm 5'2"), they look like Mom Jeans -- coming all the way up to my naval. So your review helped me understand that I need to shorten the length partly at the top of the jeans, as well as above and below the knee. Your embroidery is great and the jeans are a winner.
Terri A said... (2/15/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Great job and btw there was no belly in your belly shot:-) You look great in these jeans!
TJSEWS said... (2/13/12 4:35 PM) Reply
Great job! I love your jeans. About the dipping at the front, if you look at RTW low rise jeans, they do the same thing - but they must! Imagine if they went around from front to back perfectly level. I think you would end up showing a lot more than you wish to! Anyway, they look great on you!
tsedai said... (2/13/12 3:02 PM) Reply
I want to try this pattern later this year - your review is so helpful, thanks! Also, I think your jeans look great. The best part about sewing for yourself is that if you want regular rise you can make them, no being disappointed at the store!
Sharonspils said... (2/13/12 1:01 AM) Reply
Another fantastic pair of jeans and the cats how cute. You are looking very swish in your jeans.
Zacky said... (2/12/12 10:11 PM) Reply
Great review and great jeans!!!
poppykettle said... (2/12/12 7:43 PM) Reply
Awesome work on your topstitching!
Skye said... (2/12/12 7:19 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans. love the cat and kiwi :)
annakeeton said... (2/12/12 7:00 PM) Reply
Super jeans! The cat and kiwi embroidery on your back pockets are adorable.
argiope said... (2/12/12 5:44 PM) Reply
Cats! I love it.
treefrog said... (2/12/12 4:47 PM) Reply
The cats are so cute! Great jeans.
Sassy T said... (2/12/12 4:07 PM) Reply
I was looking at this pattern before because of all the good reviews. Great job
margk said... (2/12/12 3:45 PM) Reply
Glittery kitties! Great work. You look fab!
redrockcity said... (2/12/12 3:41 PM) Reply
I love the kitties!!!
lyndle said... (8/31/10 2:13 AM) Reply
Fantastic jeans! and the kiwi looks great, I love it.
Sharonspils said... (8/23/10 0:08 AM) Reply
Your second version is looking tops and I'm wondering when the kangaroo or koala are going to have their appearance? Love the kiwi as well.
JEF said... (8/22/10 10:53 PM) Reply
I love you guys!!! Thank you so much for all the positive comments. You really make my day.
MNBarb said... (8/22/10 10:29 PM) Reply
OK, I've already commented on the first pair but have to put in my 2 cents worth, again. these jeans look great on you.
21wale said... (8/22/10 6:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. Good idea to serge the pieces beforehand. And congratulations on an excellent looking pair of jeans!
Kathy in NM said... (8/22/10 12:45 PM) Reply
Great 2nd pair of jeans! Love the pocket embellishment too.
CynthiaSue said... (8/21/10 6:12 PM) Reply
you went to new zealand? awesome. you jeans fit awesomely!!!
addicted2fabric said... (8/21/10 5:37 PM) Reply
Fabulous jeans, great job! As a Kiwi, I am flattered you chose to wear our national emblem with pride :o)
Deepika said... (6/10/10 10:07 AM) Reply
You should be thrilled. Those jeans look fabulous. I am sorry I don't have answers for your front waist dipping problem but hopefully someone else does. Thanks for sharing.
susiestitcher said... (5/24/10 5:00 PM) Reply
Yeah! JEF! Your jeans look so awesome. I am so glad you finally progressed from your one-leg wonders! The fit looks wonderful and I love your pockets. I am inspired to start on my next pair.
quixoticpixels said... (5/19/10 10:39 PM) Reply
Congrats! your jeans look terrific!
ClaireEmily said... (5/18/10 6:40 PM) Reply
I love your jeans. They look very nice. My sister would totally tell me the same thing about low rise - get with the times...... (BTW they looks about where I'd like my jeans to be1)
Lynn67 said... (5/18/10 6:01 PM) Reply
Great jeans and an awesome review! Welcome to the homemade jeans club! I'm looking forward to trying this pattern - just got it!
MNBarb said... (5/18/10 12:38 PM) Reply
I'm so glad people are still reviewing these jeans. My pattern is in the mail and I'm absorbing all of the info. I'm still questioning which rise to make. All of your tips were helpful. I think your jeans look great. What a great thing to have jeans made just for you.
Gelbean said... (5/18/10 11:15 AM) Reply
Love your jeans! They look amazing. I just bought this pattern and can't wait to try them out.
Patti B said... (5/18/10 9:54 AM) Reply
Isn't it a treat to make jeans so nice the first try? They look great and your review is quite helpful.
mrsbewley said... (5/18/10 9:34 AM) Reply
And they look even more fabulous in person! Thanks for the tip about not doing any alterations before adding the waistband. Great job!
Rebecca D said... (5/18/10 6:36 AM) Reply
They look great on you, just great. Congratulations.
tess said... (5/18/10 5:32 AM) Reply
Your jeans look amazing, I've just bought this pattern so your review is inspiring!
DaisyEsq said... (5/18/10 4:19 AM) Reply
Great jeans! Thank you for a wonderful review of this pattern.
Sharonspils said... (5/18/10 0:56 AM) Reply
Great looking jeans.
LynnRowe said... (5/17/10 11:50 PM) Reply
Spay adhesive & your DH positioning them "appropriately"...the mental picture of that's going to have me suddenly grinning for days, lol! Your jeans look fantastic, and I love love love your pocket placement (good job, JEF's DH!) The RTW pockets annoy the carp out of me; they're too far down the back of the leg and look silly and unflattering. Yours are perfectly placed! Great jeans!
Nan Kay said... (5/17/10 11:32 PM) Reply
Hope mine turn out as well as yours! I just cut them out this afternoon. I like your pocket stitching.
Barbara3 said... (5/17/10 11:21 PM) Reply
Great review. Great jeans on you. Enjoy them!

Gracie Handbag Paper Pattern