Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2806 (Scoopneck tops with ruching or)

Reviewed by:LynnRowe

About LynnRowestarstarstar
Member since: 3/9/09
Posted on:5/17/10 11:26 PM
Last Updated:5/21/10 9:32 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
JillyBe said... (5/22/10 3:56 PM) Reply
Besides being the fabric enabler queen, I think you may also be the knit top enabler queen! Another gorgeous piece by you; I may 'need' to buy this pattern as well!
DorothyK said... (5/22/10 8:47 AM) Reply
These tops are beautiful and so well executed by you. You have inspired me to try the pattern.
Rhoda K said... (5/21/10 11:09 PM) Reply
Very nice - as is all your tops.
JanJanB said... (5/18/10 9:35 PM) Reply
Lynn, thank you for the clarification between the two patterns. I LUV your choice of fabrics (on all your T's) ;)
LynnRowe said... (5/18/10 9:23 PM) Reply
JanJan, the Jalie top is much more of a relaxed fit and is longer in length. If you look at the Jalie line drawing, the garment tapers in slightly at the hemline, but otherwise there's really no waist & hip shaping. In a soft jersey, this allows for the fabric to fall in beautiful drapes, without highlighting any bulges we'd prefer not to highlight. S4076 has definite waist shaping (and is a shorter length top). The sleeve options are also different. I also find the upper chest/shoulder area is more fitted with S4076. It also falls in beautiful lines, and the "essence of waist" is very flattering, but it is a more fitted look than the Jalie. I love both patterns, and other than the neckline gathers, they do look & wear differently. How wonderful that we have so many more choices nowadays! :)
JanJanB said... (5/18/10 9:09 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. I have this pattern and have been eyeing up S4076. Can I ask what the difference is between the two (love the gathered neckline)
marec said... (5/18/10 10:01 AM) Reply
Wow, that is a perfect top!
Jeannine1976 said... (5/18/10 9:19 AM) Reply
This is VERY pretty. I can see how comfortable it must be and yet really flattering.
becca a said... (5/18/10 7:06 AM) Reply
Your tops are lovely! I was on the fence about buying this pattern, but having seen your versions I have to get it.
Mushywear said... (5/18/10 1:23 AM) Reply
Very nice and I love the color!
ryansmumAria said... (5/18/10 1:19 AM) Reply
everything you make is just so beautiful.