Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3906 (MissesCostumes-Reversible Vest)

Reviewed by:PittyPat

About PittyPatstar
NM USA
Member since: 2/25/04
Sewing skills:Expert/Couture
Posted on:6/23/10 6:12 PM

See other patterns in this category: Costumes
BayouRose said... (5/14/13 1:30 PM) Reply
Your step-by-step instructions and the photos are so very helpful. I am a very visual person and they made every detail easier to understand. Thank you ! P.S. I wish pattern companies gave such informative instructions
Trephas2003 said... (5/21/10 6:51 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful!
Aroura said... (5/20/10 6:45 PM) Reply
PittyPat, I wish you lived near me, so I could learn from you first hand! This way of turning out a vest/bodice looks like it makes a MUCH cleaner finish than the "standard" way that I know. I can tell you, the shoulders are ugly on most of my garb. Great review so far. Next time I make a vest or bodice, I'll be trying to use your tips here. Thanks for such a comprehensive review. p.s. What gorgeous fabric, as well!
PittyPat said... (5/20/10 6:25 PM) Reply
droxy - I used a red straw hat as a base and decorated that with flowers, lace, etc. I know this sound complicated - but it really is easy if you are doing it at the same time you are reading/looking at the pictures. Now, I won't used any other method for lining vests as it gives such a professional finish to it.
droxy said... (5/20/10 6:13 PM) Reply
Lovely vest! I want to know if you made your hat. =) I did a lined vest for a man's costume, but this looks more complicated.

by: STARG