Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5656 (Men's Renaissance Costume)

Reviewed by:Aroura

About Arourastarstarstar
OR USA
Member since: 7/30/09
Posted on:5/22/10 0:13 AM
Last Updated:6/20/10 6:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
marec said... (6/20/10 9:48 PM) Reply
What a great costume...your dad looks happy in his garb. Thanks for the interesting review.
Aroura said... (5/22/10 10:25 AM) Reply
Oh and Renren, yes, we have compared a few notes, and I've gone through all her reviews. We do seem to have pretty similar tastes! I guess we could start a thread for chatting about costuming too. There are a couple of other costumers on here, like Droxy and PittyPat, though they tend more towards Victorian, there is still a lot we could all share, I think. And also, thanks so much :)
Aroura said... (5/22/10 10:21 AM) Reply
Dfr2010 I didn't realize it waas an OOP, but you are correct. I purchased allmost all of my patterns more than 4 years ago, and also most of them I get in the 99cent bin. On a brighter note, there are a lot of uncut patterns on ebay for betweeen 3 and 10 bucks, if you trust ebay. I've never used it myself, but it looks like a good place to shop for OOP's. Yep, ic can be simple or fancy, it is a really good pattern! I'm sorry it is OOP, IO'll change the notes on it to indicate such.
dfr2010 said... (5/22/10 7:31 AM) Reply
Renren - we have compared notes on eyelets ... Aurora, is this another good OOP? This OOP hunting is cutting into my fabric money! LOL It looks good - I want. Looks like it can be dressed down into a simple jerkin as well as fancied up.
Trephas2003 said... (5/22/10 6:38 AM) Reply
It looks great!
renren said... (5/22/10 4:14 AM) Reply
You and dfr2010 should get together and compare notes on these Rennaisance-type costumes! Very nice work and good to know the Buttericks are better.

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Newport Tote Paper Pattern