Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6070 (Misses' Dress In 2 Lengths)

Reviewed by:Amanda S.

About Amanda S.starstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 6/27/08
Posted on:5/21/10 4:40 PM

sayhellojana said... (6/24/10 5:58 PM) Reply
I totally agree about the unflatteringly gathered skirt portion of this pattern. Love your dress!
AuntieShel said... (5/23/10 10:28 AM) Reply
Hi Amanda, another beautiful sewing project. Your clothes look as good on the inside as they do on the outside. You look fabulous--when is the baby due?
CynthiaSue said... (5/23/10 0:30 AM) Reply
perfect maternity dress. isn't the big 4 just so perfect for pregnancy? they don't even have to make maternity patterns! it looks very nice.
nellc said... (5/22/10 5:01 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, and beautifully finished on the inside.
JillyBe said... (5/22/10 3:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and excellent, thorough, and very helpful tutorial - thanks!
Catbird said... (5/22/10 9:35 AM) Reply
What a great dress! It's beautifully made and you look radiant in it. Thanks for the great review!
lamstu said... (5/22/10 2:16 AM) Reply
Great dress, useful review, and I am totally with you on not gathering too much fabric into the waist. I have plenty of room for a serger in my studio but I like sewing with my Pfaff. (Some may call me a Luddite, and they could be correct ;)
AquariJenn said... (5/22/10 0:01 AM) Reply
I love everything you make. So stylish! Your dress turned out beautifully. Thanks for the review and tips!
Barbara V said... (5/21/10 10:24 PM) Reply
All the changes you made to this pattern really look great on you. The back tie detail is really neat!
VelmaRooster said... (5/21/10 8:12 PM) Reply
Another beautiful dress! I have followed your blog for awhile and I want your wardrobe!! Your tutorials are wonderful and informative, too. P.S. Congratulations on your family addition! All the best to you and your family!
Amanda S. said... (5/21/10 6:46 PM) Reply
Lillyjill - I don't have a serger because I have no place to put it. I am very limited for space where I sew and would have to switch out my machines somehow. It would be too much trouble. :)
Aroura said... (5/21/10 6:39 PM) Reply
Great tutorial for the bias seam finish. Beautiful dress!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (5/21/10 6:38 PM) Reply
"This was a frankenpattern" Tee! Hee!! What a PRETTY Mom-to-be-again !! ;)
lillyjill said... (5/21/10 6:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress but as said above ..no idea why you won't buy a serger and save yourself from so much work !
radiolaria said... (5/21/10 5:55 PM) Reply
It's a gorgeous dress, I love the patterned fabric! Thanks for all the tips and photos!
HLT said... (5/21/10 5:12 PM) Reply
Beautifully done! Your French seams are awesome! And don't you look lovely!
Aixoise said... (5/21/10 5:04 PM) Reply
You look lovely in your dress. Thank you for the tutorial and the very helpful review.
Mazzygirl said... (5/21/10 4:57 PM) Reply
gosh I couldn't live without my overlocker! Beautiful dress on you, just love the fabric, beautifully finished inside as well! Would not take much to modify the skirt pattern to make a late maternity dress - a very flattering style & you look gorgeous in it!

Megan Nielsen MN1001