Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6124 (McCall's)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

Last Updated:6/8/10 6:58 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
tputsche said... (3/23/14 11:14 PM) Reply
Love the rayon version with slightly shorter length! Nice job
Bevy77 said... (1/3/12 7:44 PM) Reply
Doesn't scream homemade - screams ORIGINAL ... one of a kind. LOVE it! :) I've sewn this shirt twice in two plaids and print/solid - one black and white and one red. I love it. But I went up from 14 to 16 b'c I like more ease and with the fabric being flannel there wasn't much movement. Anyway GREAT job on yours.
MikesMom said... (6/23/10 12:41 PM) Reply
Looks great - not at all homemade. I have this pattern and very light, sheer silk/cotton blend to make it in. Sounds like I may have to downsize the top part.
lynne1nor said... (6/8/10 4:41 PM) Reply
Oh I *love* the fabric! The shirt is *great*!
Elizabeth made this said... (6/8/10 7:55 AM) Reply
I love the new version!
JanieBee said... (6/8/10 7:36 AM) Reply
Terrific work! I love this with the bright fabric!
DreinPA said... (6/8/10 7:22 AM) Reply
I think the shortening is what helped most. Love the new fabric choice.
FreyaStark said... (6/8/10 5:50 AM) Reply
It looks cute, but the thumbnail does not lead to the new blue version. Please check.
Mushywear said... (5/25/10 2:39 AM) Reply
I'm a sucker for black leggings and they look great with this tunic. The fabric is awesome. I don't think it looks homemade. You've styled it very nicely. I think the black leggings bring balance to the colors so that they are not over the top.
FreyaStark said... (5/24/10 5:35 PM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me. The fabric looks highly appropriate for the style. A cute top.
christea said... (5/24/10 1:49 PM) Reply
No way does it scream homemade-the fit and the styling make it look pro.
MNBarb said... (5/24/10 12:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for the fabric suggestions. I love all of the quilter's cottons but they don't really work for tunic length.
Elizabeth made this said... (5/24/10 11:09 AM) Reply
It looks great. The fabric is super fun, and it looks like the weight of it will keep it from doing ill to your backside. The line of this and where it hits looks nicer than the Liverpool too methinks.
Big in Japan said... (5/24/10 10:06 AM) Reply
Nicely done! I like how structured it looks in the back view. For another version, how about something like a lightweight chambray?
marec said... (5/24/10 9:31 AM) Reply
I love this on you!
donna mel said... (5/24/10 9:11 AM) Reply
i just made the liverpool in a heavy linen. its so comfortable and hangs nicely (no sticking to the pants or riding up) - much better that the 'quilter's cotton' i used the first go round.
JTink said... (5/24/10 7:54 AM) Reply
I just love this. I'm all for bold colors and patterns, so it's perfect in my eyes. Your other two fabric choices sound fine. In this tunic length, you might also consider a very light weight denim or a "heavy" chambray. Even a light weight twill. I think this blouse screams "I look great"!
21wale said... (5/24/10 0:11 AM) Reply
I don't think it's too wild with the black leggings. It's a very fun top and way to go with your pattern thriftiness!
sewtime said... (5/23/10 6:37 PM) Reply
Pretty top, love the fabric and style!! Fantastic buttons!
Barbara V said... (5/23/10 5:03 PM) Reply
Barbara, I think your choice of fabric and print are great for the style that you created and look fantastic on you especially in combination with leggings! I think the two fabrics you mentioned - linen or rayon - would also make up nicely....so many possibilities!
Gelbean said... (5/23/10 3:54 PM) Reply
The fit is great! The fabric is fun! It looks great!

by: sfshaza

by: piffle

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

J Stern Designs Khaki Pants Pattern