Pattern Reviews> New Conceptions> PooPockets! Diaper

Last Updated:4/21/04 8:38 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Patricia JC said... (7/24/05 12:49 PM) Reply
Opps - one more thingl.... Thanks for the link to the diaperfabric.com web site! I had been getting the pul, foe, aplix from another site - now I can compare prices! Thanks! Patricia
Patricia JC said... (7/24/05 12:45 PM) Reply
I would like to add a caution: If using old towels and flannel sheets in the diapers, make up a couple then wash/dry them. Mine, made of old towel and sheet blanket, were too thick to dry very well. I have had to rip apart almost 2 dozen diapers to resew them with different centers. A trial wash/dry would have saved me a bunch of work! Patricia
Erin S said... (4/21/04 6:04 PM) Reply
Lou, Too cute! I made 7 of the tiny pp, as I wanted to see how they worked, what materials I liked etc. Now I wish I had more! I am using chinese prefolds for the rest of the time. I am not using pins at all, as I made dcd and that holds the dipes in place. The gussets rock! So far the poop is staying in. I will make many of these in the regular size, although the ones I have made so far are pocket dipes for quicker drying. It feels good to diaper the baby with somehting I made, even though that sounds weird.
Lou. said... (4/21/04 3:51 PM) Reply
lol....thanks penelope, I'm laughing at the love part though....I think I'll be hating diapers by the time I'm done!!
JDpenelope said... (4/21/04 3:21 PM) Reply
Lou, this is a very interesting review. Would never have thought of doing this, but now new mothers are so much better informed. Each diaper is darling, and obviously sewn with love.
Lou. said... (4/21/04 11:29 AM) Reply
Gabrielle, take solice in the fact that when your babies have potty trained you can get your money back on ebay!! Thanks for the comments.
gabrielle said... (4/21/04 10:30 AM) Reply
these are wonderful, and my comment is heartfelt. I hate to bring up dollars and cents, but I purchased similar dipes for mine, except they had a row of small snaps to fasten. they work well, but cost over $70 per dozen. they aren't nearly as cute as yours, and the price doesnt include a diaper cover, either, which runs like $2-3 apiece for the PUL type. Even at those prices they are still way cheaper than disposables, but I wish I'd sewn mine, now. Good job.
Hilary said... (4/21/04 8:31 AM) Reply
thanks for the comparison! The tiny one would probably still fit her, the regular ones that I have are way too big. Your diapers are adorable, thanks for reviewing!
Gigi Louis said... (4/21/04 8:30 AM) Reply
Lou, these are so adorable! I love the name too. :-)
Sew it seams said... (4/21/04 8:29 AM) Reply
Those little diapers are adorable, Lou! I used cloth diapers for my 3 DD's too. But they certainly weren't that cute!
Hilary said... (4/21/04 8:23 AM) Reply
I made this as well for my second and third ds's and loved them too! I would recommend to anyone making them to make sure you use good DIAPER fabric, because the ones I made with regular flannel wore out very quickly, making one size a moot point :o(~also had trouble w/ the elastic giving out (I used cotton swimwear as she suggested). But I love the ease of making (no velcro makes them a lot cheaper too) these and found the stitch and turn to be better looking also. I have made some from the Kwik Sew diaper pattern as well and for my dd thats what I've made, and they seem to be a trimmer fit. I need to review them! I can't wait to see yours, Lou!! Diaper making is addictive, once you get started :o) Thats a great idea about getting help! wish i had thought of it, lol.

You Can Make This Forget Me Knot Dress