Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6045 (BAGS)

Reviewed by:AlisonK318

About AlisonK318star
MD USA
Member since: 1/25/10
Posted on:5/25/10 8:33 PM
Last Updated:5/25/10 8:43 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

mausfrau said... (11/11/11 9:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag! And thanks for posting the photo of yourself wearing it--I was going to make it, but seeing it next to a real person I can tell it's smaller than what I want. Otherwise, I might not have realized that before I bought the fabric!
JDpenelope said... (9/1/10 7:27 PM) Reply
Just seeing your review -- Your bag is lovely, in spite of the headaches. Always there are headaches when I make a bag -- maybe it goes with the territory! I might get this pattern, because it has some really nice features -- But I won't be applying any binding to the lining seams. Been there, done that, don't want to again. Will leave an opening and turn the lining (hoping I can remember how to do it!)
Hilary said... (5/26/10 3:17 PM) Reply
That is such a great bag! I love the colors, black trim and colorful, bright lining. Well done! (know how you feel about trying to work with purses and all the layers-ugh! but it was worth it :) )
ryansmumAria said... (5/26/10 8:18 AM) Reply
oooh, I love your fabric choices!
paulakiss said... (5/26/10 5:11 AM) Reply
I love love love your bag! Thanks for such a helpful review! It's the perfect pattern to replace my rtw bag that's almost the same shape. Love the colors. It looks fabulous! Great job! Thanks for the tips too. Enjoy!
paulakiss said... (5/26/10 5:11 AM) Reply
RockNRoll said... (5/25/10 9:23 PM) Reply
i tried this one, it gave me a headache. I rather it be two pieces back and front. and no gusset.
sew2006 said... (5/25/10 8:48 PM) Reply
Your bag looks great and I love the fabric choices.