Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2010-137 (Shirtwaist Dress)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:5/25/10 10:05 PM
Last Updated:5/25/10 10:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
mlsews said... (9/12/10 12:48 PM) Reply
great job! I've also been loving their plus size stuff, after seeing how beautiful yours is I may have to grade this pattern down too.
Deepika said... (6/13/10 9:35 AM) Reply
I love a good shirtdress too and it's so hard to find them in RTW. This is a great pattern and you did a great job. I love the belt!
Heidi Ho said... (5/26/10 3:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!! I hope DBF loves it as much as we all do. Now I need to get over my fear of grading down thos plus size Burdas.
touran said... (5/26/10 3:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! I love the accessories that you picked.
sewnsewtoo said... (5/26/10 2:29 PM) Reply
What a great dress. Thankyou for all the information on construction.
Sew'n'go said... (5/26/10 2:21 PM) Reply
Wow! FABULOUS review! Thanks for the little tutorial on how this collar goes together. Thanks also for the warning about the lack of a back facing.
I am Romy said... (5/26/10 9:47 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress, I like the fabric, pattern, color. Your work is just WOW.
MNBarb said... (5/26/10 7:13 AM) Reply
The collar is really what makes the dress, glad you figured it out. As a sometimes frustrated sewist I wanted to throw the pattern in the fire while reading the "neaten" the seam piece. You appeared to find a good solution. Great fabric choice.
Sewingelle said... (5/26/10 7:04 AM) Reply
great dress. I felt the same way about the May issue. Now I've got no excuse to not grade down to a 42 ( must be easier than to a 40, right?!)
Dmd4106 said... (5/26/10 4:09 AM) Reply
Luv, Luv, the shirtwaister. In contrast to your admiring of Burda plus section, I haven't been that impress by it. But I will have to revisit this issue. Great job and I thank you for posting such a detail review.
JillyBe said... (5/26/10 3:33 AM) Reply
I'm not normally a shirtdress lover, but this is a very nice pattern! And you've styled it beautifully w/ the necklace, belt & shoes. Very helpful review, thank you :)
SewSho said... (5/26/10 1:54 AM) Reply
Really nice, the fabric looks alot like a Thai silk:)
sugarduck said... (5/26/10 0:53 AM) Reply
This turned out great! I imagine this will be a super-versatile dress.
amy in mpls said... (5/25/10 11:51 PM) Reply
Love this dress! it almost looks like its got a little shimmer, i love that :) what a perfect summer dress!
michalklimer said... (5/25/10 11:43 PM) Reply
I like the look of this dress, real nice!
CynthiaSue said... (5/25/10 11:14 PM) Reply
what a great basic shirt dress. perfect match to fabric. love that taupe/grey color! and nice styling with the shoes!

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern