Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8620 (JACKET)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:6/1/10 12:07 PM
Last Updated:4/5/11 7:27 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
marec said... (10/28/11 8:51 PM) Reply
Both versions are wonderful Patti! I am inspired to use my pattern :-)
Matilda_z said... (4/30/11 7:05 AM) Reply
What a beautiful piece for your wardrobe! Thanks for the review, I'm off to get this pattern out of my stash!
Sharonspils said... (4/7/11 6:18 AM) Reply
Great jacket Patti, you did an excellent job with difficult fabric.
sew2little said... (4/5/11 10:04 PM) Reply
I love version 2! I like my version 2 better than 1, and I suspect you will too! Marci
Michele W said... (4/5/11 8:43 PM) Reply
Hi Patti, I love this! You did a fantastic job. I made this last weekend and I loved wearing it on our first warm day on the east coast.
Rhoda K said... (4/5/11 7:47 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket and fabric - shame it gave you a hard time. I like the style, too.
Annette1 said... (6/2/10 2:00 PM) Reply
GREAT jacket! I'm glad you wrestled this fabric into submission -- ha! I drag this pattern out and contemplate it every now and then. Yours is SO nice, maybe I'll actually MAKE it one of these days. I love that zipper, too, and appreciate the link.
susiestitcher said... (6/2/10 10:34 AM) Reply
I love your jacket, problems and all. It looks great on you. I agree that you should just wear it until it snags up or lumpifies or stretches beyond all hope. Then you can make another as a back up. Really though, it is sharp and interesting and fits you very well. I keep looking at the Marcie Tilton patterns but find myself chickening out at the unusual non-standard details. Thank goodness you are not so shy about them! Great job.
DorothyK said... (6/2/10 10:09 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks terrific in spite of the difficulties you had with the fabric. You owe it to yourself to make it again with an easier fabric. Try a stretch cotton or denim. You will be delighted with how nicely it goes together. This is a nice style for you.
Nancywin said... (6/2/10 9:08 AM) Reply
This looks great Patti. I have been happy with the Marcy Tilton patterns I have made - have a few on the list to sew this summer. Nice job.
Rebecca D said... (6/2/10 7:09 AM) Reply
I just love the lines of this jacket and it looks great on you. Can't wait to see the next version.
sfshaza said... (6/2/10 1:54 AM) Reply
This just looks great on you, Patti! The hem is very flattering and the fabric looks very cute. I would have no idea, from the photo, that it was problematic. I have evaluated the pattern and realize it won't work on me without substantial alterations (because of my large bust), but it's sure a winner on the right body!
Peggy L said... (6/2/10 0:13 AM) Reply
I got to see this in real life last week when I met Patti and it looks wonderful on her. I didn't notice problems with the fabric but I wasn't wearing it and she mentioned "wearable muslin" then - I wish all of my wearable muslins looked this nice. I'll add this pattern to my "wishlist".
Barbara V said... (6/1/10 10:24 PM) Reply
Cute jacket. I really like the look of the fabric and was surprised to read what a trouble maker it turned into! It looks great....just wear it!
carolynw said... (6/1/10 7:01 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful Patti - I must get this pattern!!
CarolynGM said... (6/1/10 6:59 PM) Reply
This looks like a very nice jacket style. Sorry the fabric gave you so much grief though.
sew2little said... (6/1/10 6:56 PM) Reply
Oh--and congratulations on 100 reviews!
sew2little said... (6/1/10 6:48 PM) Reply
Patti--isn't this a great jacket? It looks fabulous on you, in spite of the pesky fabric! Marci
Karendee said... (6/1/10 4:05 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket, PattiB. it looks extremely smart on you.
MNBarb said... (6/1/10 3:51 PM) Reply
Oh, I really hope I don't have a piece of that fabric in my stash. It sounds like a nightmare. The jacket looks great. I wish I could see more detail. Sometimes a photo just isn't enough.
JDpenelope said... (6/1/10 2:36 PM) Reply
The jacket sure looks dandy on you in the photo. Too bad the fabric wasn't more cooperative during construction. Thanks for the link for the zipper, too!

Sew Liberated Sunday Picnic Blouse and Dress