Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6407 (Misses' Shirts)

Reviewed by:Gelbean

About Gelbeanstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 2/17/08
Posted on:5/26/10 12:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Andrea670 said... (6/2/10 12:57 PM) Reply
I love this top on you and the fabric is too cute. It's great for that in between weather. I have this pattern in my stash, I think I'm going to have to pull it out.
Jacqui315 said... (5/29/10 1:52 AM) Reply
Isn't it great to have a machine that can make automatic buttonholes? Cute top!
whistlin dixie said... (5/27/10 5:55 PM) Reply
Vey nice style and print for you. Isn't it fun to make something from a pattern that's been in your stash for a while?! Good work!
callmeRuth said... (5/27/10 10:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! Nice work.
jaeng said... (5/27/10 8:36 AM) Reply
I love your blouse. Great choice of fabric.
susiestitcher said... (5/27/10 8:11 AM) Reply
Love your blouse. I am trying to get the courage to make one with those fitting vertical darts, so you have inspired me to try it. It fits you perfectly and your fabric is so fresh and sweet.
o3b said... (5/27/10 6:23 AM) Reply
This is very pretty and fresh looking on you. I like your french seams - it makes the blouse look finished and high end.
Mazzygirl said... (5/26/10 9:54 PM) Reply
your blouse looks great (especially with jeans)! love your fabric choice too! This one is one of my all-time favourites, & I see it is probably going to be one of yours too ;-) For those asking about sizes, I go down a size when I make this pattern (ie, my measurements say I'm a 16, but I usually make a 14) and it fits me perfectly. (see my recent review for a green long sleeve version on 5/25/10) Fantastic result Gelbean, you should be very proud of this top - with your new machine there'll be no stopping you now!
Kathy in NM said... (5/26/10 9:39 PM) Reply
Very nice! What a cute blouse! It fits you so nicely. I've been adjusting the fit for me during the set-in sleeve class. I'm jealous, yours fit so nice as is!
lamstu said... (5/26/10 7:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse- you look fantastic. It's great that if fit you right out the package too. I have it on my cutting board right now! I've not been so happy with NL fit in the past, so I am making some adjustments. I agree about the way the sizes are printed. Makes it difficult to take blend between sizes. Congratulations on your new sewing machine too!
Wino said... (5/26/10 6:29 PM) Reply
How cute! Nice job and looks fantastic.
EastwoodFan said... (5/26/10 6:24 PM) Reply
Nice blouse! Yes, this pattern is like buying the perfect blouse off the rack. It fits great and goes together perfectly. You are right that it's not really quick to sew, but well worth the effort. You've inspired me to make a second blouse from this pattern. Thanks!
Amanda S. said... (5/26/10 5:02 PM) Reply
Very cute and great fit! Love the fun summery print as well. Have lots of fun with your new machine.
Auntie Allyn said... (5/26/10 3:29 PM) Reply
Very very cute!!! Nicely done!
Hilary said... (5/26/10 2:49 PM) Reply
Your top turned out really cute! I like the fabric you chose, and your fit looks perfect.
homejewel said... (5/26/10 2:10 PM) Reply
When I make this top, can I just copy your first two sentences? I completely understand. Your top looks great. Maybe I need to dust off my unused pattern.
tholtz said... (5/26/10 2:07 PM) Reply
I have this pattern in my stash and you've inspired me to go ahead and give it a try! Did you find the sizes to be big or small? I noticed that their 42 bust measurement is a size 16 but on most other patterns, it's a size 20! Now I don't know what size to make, I'll have to measure the pattern pieces...
gotpeace91 said... (5/26/10 1:37 PM) Reply
This looks great on you! Well done!
Rhoda K said... (5/26/10 1:23 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse, looks good on you. Nice job with your French seams, too.

Simplicity 9658 1990