Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2008-132 (Evening Gown)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:5/27/10 7:59 AM
Last Updated:10/18/10 11:11 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Christas said... (10/18/10 9:04 PM) Reply
What a beautiful bride and bridesmaids! The dresses you have made are gorgeous and have such lovely details!
Annette1 said... (10/18/10 7:18 PM) Reply
You all are STUNNING in your beautiful dresses! Great idea, too, sewing up the bridesmaids' gowns in knit. I would never have thought of that. :o)
Paris75008 said... (10/18/10 7:05 PM) Reply
Fabulous dresses! I just love the fabrics P & G chose. They look so glamorous in their dresses. Bet they absolutely loved them. Great work and great review!
Terri A said... (10/18/10 2:10 PM) Reply
Really gorgeous! I hope you are SO proud because you should be!
ElizabethDee said... (6/10/10 1:14 PM) Reply
so beautiful! your work is inspiring.
ClaireEmily said... (6/8/10 6:42 PM) Reply
Wow. What amazing bridesmaids dresses. Gorgeous workmanship.
AnneM said... (6/5/10 9:39 PM) Reply
They look very nice even on the hanger. I hope to see pictures after the big event!
AnneM said... (6/5/10 9:39 PM) Reply
dingyadi said... (5/29/10 3:04 AM) Reply
Your dresses are just lovely - lovely colours and a gorgeous style. The pleating looks daunting but it is so beautifully executed.
Sanibelle said... (5/28/10 8:15 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a detailed review. The dresses turned out beautifully -- can't wait to see the wedding pics!
Auntchelle said... (5/28/10 1:24 AM) Reply
I've been watching the progress of these on your blog and it's great to see them finished. I can't wait to see them on G & P for your wedding. For that matter I can't wait to see you in your dress.
MichelleE said... (5/28/10 0:12 AM) Reply
What a fabulous job you did, well done!
SusiM said... (5/28/10 0:09 AM) Reply
The dresses are just so striking! Great job! I like the changes you made, as well. Good ideas.
SoVintage said... (5/27/10 9:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful work! I love the cumberbund detail!
eugenia123 said... (5/27/10 4:00 PM) Reply
Stunning dresses. I love the style and the two different colours are both really lovely. Your friends are going to look so wonderful on your big day.
nellc said... (5/27/10 2:59 PM) Reply
Fabulous dresses, I love the attention to detail on the pleating.
Time4me said... (5/27/10 2:45 PM) Reply
Insert audible gasp 'HERE'. Just beautiful and your comment about curves making the dress, so true! Wish more 'designers' would take that to heart.
Aroura said... (5/27/10 1:03 PM) Reply
Fantastic! The little pleating tutorial you have in your blog/post is exactly what I've been looking for for ages, thanks so much for a great review, and such usefull tips. And the dresses look fantastic, I hope we get to see pictures of them on the girls someday!
Re Becca said... (5/27/10 10:59 AM) Reply
Fabulous! You did a great job matching fabric and pattern. I can't wait to see the wedding pictures. You did a great job on that pleating too.
MaryDB said... (5/27/10 9:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dresses, nice work, terrific review.
annie11 said... (5/27/10 9:32 AM) Reply
These are absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see the girls wearing them. Great review!
clt3 said... (5/27/10 9:07 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous.
Sewingelle said... (5/27/10 9:02 AM) Reply
they are fabulous!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (5/27/10 8:56 AM) Reply
I can't wait to see the wedding photos! I was worried this one was a bit revealing so it's good to know that it's easily adaptable and that's a good idea to use the pattern as a summer maxi dress.

by: Jemajyng