Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2570 (Misses Pants, Skirt, Jacket, D)

Reviewed by:Annette Wright

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

marec said... (5/29/10 10:08 AM) Reply
I love this color on you, and love the dress. I agree with Rebecca that it needs accessories or a jacket/cardi. You know, sometimes those of us with grey hair need a more dramatic styling to avoid smoothly blending in. I think the style of the dress, the fabric chosen and the color of your hair blend-and all I'd do is experiment with a chunky necklace, or a scarf in a bold,contrasting color. Then your gorgeous hair and eyes would be highlighted. Love the dress.
ryan's mom said... (5/29/10 7:01 AM) Reply
I like your dress, but you're right :) ! I'm not crazy about the style of the dress front either. You have a nice figure, and your awesome LBD you made shows it off. This style hides it. It's one of those dresses we all have that is perfect for a backyard BBQ, but if you really want to rock it, that LBD style dress is terrific on you. I wonder how adding a few fisheye darts would look? Just a slightly slimmer dress profile might change the overall look. The back looks great, so maybe some little vertical fisheyes in the front? Duh! I forgot about maybe a self fabric belt? Loosely cinch in the waist? That might do it too.
Annette Wright said... (5/28/10 4:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the suggestions of a short jacket. I think I'll set the dress aside until Fall (it's not really summer weight fabric) and try it again then. Hopefully it will be too large by then...lol.
barbcl said... (5/28/10 3:45 PM) Reply
Very pretty, and the color is gorgeous.
RLL said... (5/28/10 3:13 PM) Reply
I agree with rebecca d. A little short sleeve jacket and you have a really nice and comfortable outfit.
Rebecca D said... (5/28/10 6:37 AM) Reply
You got an amazing fit on this dress. As for looking like a sack, it is a bit of a plain style, but sometimes a dress like this is a nice background for accessories, or would you feel differently if you added a jacket? I like it.
sideseams said... (5/27/10 6:32 PM) Reply
I think you did such a great job on the fit. It looks so nice on you!
RadarRadiance said... (5/27/10 5:16 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on you. Fit is perfect, back and front lay smooth.
Rhoda K said... (5/27/10 5:04 PM) Reply
The dress looks good on you.

Kwik Sew 2981

by: kathyw

Christine Jonson Three Tees

Christine Jonson Three Tees

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)