Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4657

Member since: 5/6/10
Posted on:5/30/10 3:25 AM
Last Updated:5/31/10 3:29 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

klumzey said... (6/14/11 4:18 PM) Reply
I've not done any sewing in 10 years... Various reasons.. I was sewing making bridal gowns for a living and gave up to start a family and never started again! Until now! My daughter was let down with her prom gown and I have to make one for her by a week Friday! Stumbled upon this site while looking for ideas for a dress, looks like a brilliant site! Hello everyone! I'm Jess, by the way! Anyway... This dress. Anyone ever tried to make it a pure silk chiffon? I was thinking of making it with a silk satin underneath and the chiffon on top! I'm very very rusty and have lost all my confidence, buy I used to be good at sewing! Anyone think this will work in chiffon? All advice greatly appreciated! Jess :0)
SusiM said... (5/31/10 1:31 PM) Reply
Striking gown! The changes you made to customize your dress make it special. That's what's so great about sewing. I do my zippers your way, too. Thanks for mentioning it for all to hear.
candicer said... (5/31/10 1:10 PM) Reply
i love your fabric! SO creative - makes me want to do this pattern up, also.
MarshaG. said... (5/31/10 12:10 PM) Reply
Thank for the larger picture! Everything about what you've done is FAB!!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (5/31/10 10:54 AM) Reply
22 separate pieces... step 77 :o I'm impressed!!
kiwikaty said... (5/31/10 10:00 AM) Reply
Its beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
RadarRadiance said... (5/31/10 9:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for a larger picture, beautiful! Great idea on the straps and love the poise!!!
dingyadi said... (5/31/10 7:45 AM) Reply
Fabulous - where did you get the fabric from - it looks so cool.
JennyAnne said... (5/31/10 7:37 AM) Reply
That's beautiful! Well done. I have that pattern and really want a reason to make this dress.
Lili123 said... (5/31/10 7:27 AM) Reply
what a wonderful and original dress, i love the fabric!!!
VtMartha said... (5/31/10 7:13 AM) Reply
You make the most fantabulous things! Great job.
JillyBe said... (5/31/10 5:57 AM) Reply
Fabulous paint job on the fabric, and LOVE the setting & the shot! What beautiful work :) I would love more details about the paint process - what did you use & how did you do it? Your work is wonderful, please share more info!
RadarRadiance said... (5/30/10 10:43 AM) Reply
I have a wedding coming up in a year, I would love to see larger pictures of all 3 versions. It is a pattern I normally wouldn't think of but it is so pretty looking in what you've done.
carolynw said... (5/30/10 10:03 AM) Reply
All your dresses look lovely from the thumb nail pics - can we have larger photos to see how beautiful they look on you
Mazzygirl said... (5/30/10 6:58 AM) Reply
Would you believe I was just looking at this pattern in my stash today, wondering which fabric to make it up in (& where on earth I would be able to wear it to). I would love to see a larger version of yours, it sounds absolutely DIVINE! Your changes sound great too. larger photo please! Edited to add: thanks for the larger photos! this one is my absolute fav of all your beautifully sewn dresses - it is just stunning! (love the paint work too - fab idea!)

by: sew silly