Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3095 (jacket)

Reviewed by:shard

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

shard said... (1/12/05 8:52 PM) Reply
Finally. Photos. My sister's boyfriend took these. You get to see what the thing looks like after 8 months of machine washing/drying. Here's the back view, and here's the side view. I made no design changes at all. Even the button is placed as marked. From the way the collar is splaying, my opinion is that the fabric I used was not ideal. It is supposed to stand up more. But it ran quite large, so if the collar really stood up it would be in her face. When I make it again - for myself - in melton, I will probably make a small. It will *definitely* be dry-clean only.
shard said... (1/1/05 7:26 PM) Reply
bkool, I'll post pictures soon -- if not the ones dh took, then maybe I can get my sister to model and take a couple. (Since that smartypants has a digital camera.) I do in fact plan to make one of these for myself, out of heathered light-ish blue melton. I plan to line it, and I want to put in an inside pocket. Also (I *can't believe* that I didn't mention this initially), finished photos appear in Claire Shaeffer's "Sew Any Fabric". The view I made is on p. 20; the one with pockets on p. 9. That's how I found this one in the first place. Sandra Betzina did a rather similar one for Vogue, but personally I like the Kwik Sew more, because the collar's subtler; i.e. not quite as 'wing-y'
bkool said... (12/16/04 7:20 PM) Reply
Do you have a picture yet of your sister's jacket? I ,too, enjoyed your review.
silversewist said... (4/25/04 1:13 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review. Not only is this pattern also in my "to make" stack, but I too have upholstery-weight fabric in mind. Glad to hear that it works. I'm looking forward to a picture.
LiZ said... (4/25/04 1:27 AM) Reply
Your jacket sounds lovely. Are you going to make one for yourself? At the moment I am in the process of tracing this pattern out. I am going to make it up in Red polar Fleece.
AnneM said... (4/24/04 7:33 PM) Reply
Welcome back to sewing, & welcome to PR. I liked reading your review, & look forward to the picture(s). Nice pattern.

By Hand London Anna Dress