Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3095 (jacket)

Reviewed by:shard

About shard
USA
Member since: 3/21/04
Posted on:4/24/04 3:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts
shard said... (1/12/05 8:52 PM) Reply
Finally. Photos. My sister's boyfriend took these. You get to see what the thing looks like after 8 months of machine washing/drying. Here's the back view, and here's the side view. I made no design changes at all. Even the button is placed as marked. From the way the collar is splaying, my opinion is that the fabric I used was not ideal. It is supposed to stand up more. But it ran quite large, so if the collar really stood up it would be in her face. When I make it again - for myself - in melton, I will probably make a small. It will *definitely* be dry-clean only.
shard said... (1/1/05 7:26 PM) Reply
bkool, I'll post pictures soon -- if not the ones dh took, then maybe I can get my sister to model and take a couple. (Since that smartypants has a digital camera.) I do in fact plan to make one of these for myself, out of heathered light-ish blue melton. I plan to line it, and I want to put in an inside pocket. Also (I *can't believe* that I didn't mention this initially), finished photos appear in Claire Shaeffer's "Sew Any Fabric". The view I made is on p. 20; the one with pockets on p. 9. That's how I found this one in the first place. Sandra Betzina did a rather similar one for Vogue, but personally I like the Kwik Sew more, because the collar's subtler; i.e. not quite as 'wing-y'
bkool said... (12/16/04 7:20 PM) Reply
Do you have a picture yet of your sister's jacket? I ,too, enjoyed your review.
silversewist said... (4/25/04 1:13 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review. Not only is this pattern also in my "to make" stack, but I too have upholstery-weight fabric in mind. Glad to hear that it works. I'm looking forward to a picture.
LiZ said... (4/25/04 1:27 AM) Reply
Your jacket sounds lovely. Are you going to make one for yourself? At the moment I am in the process of tracing this pattern out. I am going to make it up in Red polar Fleece.
AnneM said... (4/24/04 7:33 PM) Reply
Welcome back to sewing, & welcome to PR. I liked reading your review, & look forward to the picture(s). Nice pattern.

Butterick 5584 (OOP)

by: Jemajyng

by: mhoutz

You Sew Girl 75mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 75mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)