Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1214 (fitted dress)

Reviewed by:yorkshire lass

About yorkshire lassstarstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/23/06
Posted on:6/2/10 4:44 PM

RuthieSews said... (6/3/10 6:14 PM) Reply
Its a lovely dress and fits really well.
Re Becca said... (6/3/10 10:26 AM) Reply
I think that you would like it with a great print jacket over it. I don't like the way I look in all one color head-to-toe either, but a hit of color like maybe even a belt would make it more appealing to you.
Lynn67 said... (6/3/10 9:24 AM) Reply
I thought it looked great on you too, and the color is fantastic. I was thinking I should try this dress, but I have the same figure so I'd have the same fitting issues.
cindyann said... (6/3/10 8:56 AM) Reply
I agree that this dress looks lovely on you and it's a beautiful color.
lamstu said... (6/3/10 5:26 AM) Reply
I also think you look quite svelte if not vavavoom in this dress. But I know how it is if it doesn't feel 'right' to you. I suspect most seamstresses have made something that wasn't quite their style at some point; I know that I have! Always something to learn with every project....
FreyaStark said... (6/3/10 5:24 AM) Reply
I agree with the others. It looks pretty good to me, so I hope you get some wear out of it.
sewmaris said... (6/2/10 10:07 PM) Reply
It looks to me like you may have made too large a size. Sheath dresses look better when they are quite fitted - and maybe you ar enot used to fitting your clothing as closely as this style requires. That said - the dress does look nice - and I think maybe you are being a little hard on yourself. Enjoy it!
Leora said... (6/2/10 10:07 PM) Reply
Looks great on you! Very Pretty, as are all your dresses.
Re Becca said... (6/2/10 9:15 PM) Reply
I think that you look super svelte in that.
TJSEWS said... (6/2/10 8:00 PM) Reply
I disagree that the dress makes you look chunky. I think you look slim in it and it shows off a nice shape. Play with some accessories - maybe you'll feel better about it. But honestly, I think it is very flattering on you.
CarolynGM said... (6/2/10 5:24 PM) Reply
I think it looks very sleek and svelte, not chunky at all. You mentioned tapering the skirt a bit, and that might make it look curvier.

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest