Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5106 (Bolero Jacket)

Reviewed by:shelmica

About shelmicastar
Member since: 3/26/04
Posted on:4/24/04 5:01 PM
Last Updated:4/24/04 5:15 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

PVA said... (5/13/04 10:10 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! Looks like perfect blend of lady, fabric, pattern and talent. Thanks so much for the review and all the helpful hints about sizing for the petite mature woman. I've got to give this a go!
Sew it seams said... (4/26/04 9:07 AM) Reply
Shelmica, this is a beautiful jacket. It really looks nice on you. Thank you for your detailed review. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!
Doris Stewart said... (4/26/04 8:38 AM) Reply
Great reveiw - appreciate your petite comments, love your jacket.
SewTwin said... (4/26/04 0:42 AM) Reply
This is a great pic for a review.I do also appreciate your notes about height, weight, as us petite people are difficult to fit from just descriptions of patterns. However, it may just be jealousy, but I don't think you fit in plump division if you are 130 and over 40, Ha-52 for me! Thanks for all the details.
Danvillegirl said... (4/25/04 4:00 PM) Reply
I really like this pattern and your version looks very nice. I like the front closing you used also. very helpful review.
JDpenelope said... (4/25/04 9:03 AM) Reply
This jacket is a winner! Thanks for helpful review. I'm wonder if there are books on Loes Hins' sewing methods, or do you really need to go to a seminar, or are the instructions enough? Thanks.
blue mooney said... (4/25/04 8:00 AM) Reply
Very smart-looking jacket! Thanks for the review.
Lisa Laree said... (4/25/04 7:23 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket! Those are perfect closures...I'm going to have to look and see if I can find any thing like that in this neck of the woods. I haven't tried the short version...I think I need to, now... ;)
Mariella said... (4/25/04 6:57 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks terrific, Shelmica. I ordered this pattern just last week, having read the positive comments about it here. Oddly enough, I have the exact same closures; I'm also in Ontario and I got them to use on Loes Hinse's Retro Jacket (but decided to use traditional buttons instead). I thought they might be perfect for the Bolero jacket - great Canadian minds think alike! Did you order your pattern from the US or from Timmel's in N.S.?
Rhonda Noah said... (4/25/04 3:02 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket. Glad you are happy with it as it looks very good on you. Love the closures!
ChrisK said... (4/25/04 2:49 AM) Reply
That is a fabulous jacket with a great fit, which, in by book, makes the pattern (11.20) worth every penny!!
Ruth C said... (4/24/04 10:25 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! and the color looks great on you. I made this jacket for my sister and myself for last Christmas. Everytime I wear my jacket, I get compliments on how nice it looks--This is a great pattern.
Karen Bowers said... (4/24/04 9:08 PM) Reply
very nice jacket! i'm working on my first LH jacket now -- the bistro. it is amazing how much design she gets into such seemingly simple pieces.
shelmica said... (4/24/04 7:51 PM) Reply
the closures were from H.A. Kidd and company, a Canadian button source. The are reallly neat - they sew on as buttons, but fit together in the centre like a hook.
Liana said... (4/24/04 7:36 PM) Reply
Very nice looking, and very flattering on you. Interesting closures. Are they buttons?
Cheryl Schwarz said... (4/24/04 6:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket Shelmica, what did you use for closures? Very stylish...cheryl
jlg said... (4/24/04 5:37 PM) Reply
Your jacket turned out great. Beautiful fit and fabric. This is one of my favorite patterns.
Diana M said... (4/24/04 5:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket -- very nicely done and a great looking fit. I love the closures you used -- was this the way the pattern was designed, or does it have buttonholes?
valerie sews said... (4/24/04 5:23 PM) Reply
The jacket looks beautiful on you. Thanks for the review.
The Technique of Underlining Garments