Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1003 (Parfait dress/pinafore)

Reviewed by:Kim12469

About Kim12469starstarstar
Member since: 3/27/08
Posted on:6/4/10 8:13 AM
Last Updated:6/4/10 9:06 AM

RobinE said... (7/9/11 11:16 AM) Reply
Ooo! This is lovely. You did a beautiful job and the fit looks very flattering. I've been a little scared of Collette Patterns, but reading your review makes me want to run out and try one. Thanks so much! :)
lca said... (12/9/10 3:59 PM) Reply
I think you look very nice in this dress!
Lisa p said... (12/9/10 2:21 PM) Reply
Very flattering and pretty I think lillyjill's comment was pretty rude TBH
TanyaMT said... (12/9/10 1:45 PM) Reply
What a lovely fit, and I like the fabric you chose.
breathless said... (6/6/10 3:00 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job!! I am making the pattern right now and it is such a relief not to have to do an FBA. Thanks for your review!!
Elle D said... (6/5/10 7:14 PM) Reply
Lovely. You may enjoy this discussion: http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/50997, why indeed should we attempt hide our beautiful curves?
barbcl said... (6/5/10 3:32 PM) Reply
Looks lovely.
heathercampbell29 said... (6/5/10 10:50 AM) Reply
I just read lillyjill's comment and you should ignore it. It looks great on you and, as another big busted lady, you are absolutely right to be happy with your body. Plus, how nice is it to have a dress that fits properly in that area? Pretty awesome, especially when it turns out this adorable.
heathercampbell29 said... (6/5/10 10:45 AM) Reply
That is adorable, and I LOVE the fabric. It's perfect for summer, I bet you wear it a lot. I must invest in some of the Collette patterns, they are all so cute!
Kim12469 said... (6/5/10 8:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments...Lillyjill that was kind of rude and personally I think it actually makes my chest look smaller, not that I care really. I am big busted and perfectly happy with my shape.
DreinPA said... (6/5/10 6:53 AM) Reply
Oh, but I think it is a great print for a summer dress! You should definately make another one.
pammieh said... (6/5/10 3:04 AM) Reply
Adorable on you and great fabric!! I love Colette!
leapyfrog said... (6/5/10 0:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful fun dress! Great job!
cherylc said... (6/4/10 10:05 PM) Reply
LillyJill, I think that is an unfair comment. It's not a bust minimizing pattern, but how do you know if makes someone look bigger if you don't know the person? And why do you care? I'm big busted and looking at this photo made me want to make the dress.
lillyjill said... (6/4/10 8:26 PM) Reply
The problem with this pattern is it makes a large bust look wayyyy huger than it is.Good for small busted ladies.
ClaireEmily said... (6/4/10 7:03 PM) Reply
Your parfait is gorgeous! The neckline and fit look lovely on you =)
Time4me said... (6/4/10 1:19 PM) Reply
Love this dress. It is a great pattern isn't it. I had to take that dart too and did not have to do a FBA
MNBarb said... (6/4/10 1:07 PM) Reply
Good style and perfect fabric for this dress.
michellep74 said... (6/4/10 12:22 PM) Reply
Super cute and super flattering on you!
Ericaeli said... (6/4/10 11:34 AM) Reply
This dress looks really nice on you. I am getting ready to make this pattern for the first time, so it was nice to see your review. I am very excited to be able to make it without having to do an FBA!
RLL said... (6/4/10 10:56 AM) Reply
Cute and great fit.
Cowtown Karen said... (6/4/10 9:01 AM) Reply
Pretty dress and it fits so well. Great job!
mhk3boys said... (6/4/10 8:40 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress! Very flattering on you!