Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Jalie Jeans)

Reviewed by:Nan Kay

About Nan Kaystar
MO USA
Member since: 5/27/09

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:6/5/10 5:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
ladylola said... (12/22/10 9:09 AM) Reply
All your jeans look great but I love the red! The roses embroidery make them stand out!
hershyyyy said... (11/4/10 8:57 PM) Reply
I love the brown ones the best! The top-stitching looks so awesome. Please tell me how you do your waistbands? I always have trouble catching the inside bottom edge when top-stitching from the right side. (I haven't actually made this pattern yet but have had this issue with others...) Thanks in advance!
Heatherrique said... (6/27/10 11:57 PM) Reply
Yeah, it's good to read about another Jalie jean-aholic! Your jeans are all gorgeous! Thanks for your review and for inspiring me to re-visit this pattern.
ibdeb said... (6/11/10 12:16 PM) Reply
Nan Kay, Inspiring pix..Awesome job on them! They look great! I'm ordering the pattern today!
mamaluv2sew said... (6/7/10 6:54 AM) Reply
Your jeans looks amazing. Good Work! I just bought this pattern. It comes in 27 sizes so I can sew a pair for myself and 4 of my girls (what a way to save $). I want to attempt it in time for back to school. Thanks for the good pics and reviews.
Annette Wright said... (6/6/10 10:08 AM) Reply
Those are wonderful. I need to sew some jeans some time soon. I haven't tried a jeans zipper though, so maybe I'll look to buy some first.
Lynn67 said... (6/6/10 9:02 AM) Reply
All of them look great and your details are fantastic! I have the pattern just waiting to go - thanks for the review and all the pics.
Lori V said... (6/6/10 7:54 AM) Reply
All of your jeans are fantastic.
Vibekeinyork said... (6/6/10 3:48 AM) Reply
Four pairs in a week! How productive. And they look very cool to boot.
Levone said... (6/6/10 2:33 AM) Reply
Wow, impressive! Great looking jeans!
GlobalMom said... (6/5/10 11:52 PM) Reply
I love all of your jeans, and especially the variations! Great job! I finished my first pair of this pattern last week and am a convert too. Congratulations!
carolynw said... (6/5/10 9:47 PM) Reply
WOW!! Talk about great fitting jeans - you nailed this one for sure. Haven't yet sewn Jalie but must get this pattern - it may be the answer to my unending quest to make jeans that fit really well!!They will be at the PR week end in Montreal so hope to get it then
Christas said... (6/5/10 9:10 PM) Reply
Every pair looks SO nice! I am amazed that you made these all in one week - WOW!!! Great sewing!
Nan Kay said... (6/5/10 8:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments! Yes, I made them all this last week. But, I had a lot of orders (commercial embroidery) to fill, so I couldn't leave the sewing room! Gives me lots of time to sew between hooping shirts! You could make the belt loops just the same with a twin needle on a regular machine. The coverlock is just more fun.
DaisyEsq said... (6/5/10 7:52 PM) Reply
You achieved a fantastic fit on all of the jeans. Even though it's the same pattern, each of the jeans looks diffferent.
Mazzygirl said... (6/5/10 7:22 PM) Reply
they all look great, & the machine embroidery really finishes the pockets off nicely. looks like a new favourite pattern to me!
MNBarb said... (6/5/10 7:14 PM) Reply
Still appreciating the Jalie reviews. They will soon be on my cutting table. I have only one sewing machine so hope I can achieve this professional result. The belt loops scare me. Did you make all of these jeans in one week?!
Gelbean said... (6/5/10 7:04 PM) Reply
Wow! Love all of your jeans.
homejewel said... (6/5/10 6:43 PM) Reply
Simply amazing. You got a great fit on those jeans. I'm ordering the pattern today . . . finally.
RadarRadiance said... (6/5/10 5:25 PM) Reply
Love them all! Great fit, now I need to get busy and make some more !!!
JEF said... (6/5/10 5:25 PM) Reply
I love you jeans and your pockets are WONDERFUL!!!!! They look fantastic on you! Thank you for showing the high rise on a 5'4" person (me too!) I really like the higher rise and will now definitely try it on my next pair.
Patti B said... (6/5/10 5:20 PM) Reply
Terrific jeans -- all of them! Why move on to another pattern when you have achieved a great fit and style?

Decades of Style 3009