Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 59269 (My Hearts a'Flutter)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:6/5/10 10:19 PM
Last Updated:8/28/10 3:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
grey ann said... (9/29/11 4:02 PM) Reply
An update: I have made this pattern twice. I found I didn't have to take the 1/4" out of the upper bodice. I did have to narrow the shoulder and I scooped the neck slightly, then redrew the facings. As a rule, I prefer binding, but the facing on the linen I used looked so smart, and I love her mitered hem. I'm sorry it didn't work for you Martha.
sew2little said... (8/28/10 7:09 PM) Reply
Martha--I appreciate your postings about this pattern, as I too have in waiting in my pattern stash. The batik is lovely--and the top is, I think, more than merely wearable.
jintie said... (6/29/10 9:39 AM) Reply
Grey ann, I did that also and it is a good fit. Marthamyers, you might want to add it back at the waist seam as a precaution if you are not actually short. You can cut it off later if it makes the waist too low. I usually make a FBA on the big 4 but didn't here - just got away with it I think. But next time (definitely a next time) I will drop the bust dart point down- possibly it's too high at present because I took that horizontal fold out above it). You need to use a natural fabric (eg cotton or linen) as the polycotton (or it may be fully poly) that I used makes the shell less drapey than it should be.
marthamyers said... (6/9/10 10:37 AM) Reply
grey ann, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try with the muslin.
grey ann said... (6/8/10 3:49 PM) Reply
As a shorter woman, I often find a top fits better if I take in 1/4-1/2" between the shoulder and armscye notch, on both front and back. Might this solve your problem?
AdaH said... (6/6/10 12:50 PM) Reply
sorry it's not working out. i have this pattern, but have not madfe it yet. thanks to your review i will definitely make a muslin.
Patti B said... (6/6/10 11:07 AM) Reply
Martha, I have made two muslins of this top which looks wonderful on others. So far, it's a 'miss' for me. I like the stitched down facings but had other problems with fit.

Understanding Knit Fabrics