Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8248 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE SHIRT)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:6/6/10 3:51 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Sweater knit fabrics

missyyz said... (6/23/10 6:57 PM) Reply
Inspiring review and great pictures. Wonderfully finished and fitted. Bravo. I think I'll invest in this pattern.
Karendee said... (6/8/10 5:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info. about serging on this top.
Barbara V said... (6/8/10 10:37 AM) Reply
Your blouses are really nice. It looks like with your careful alterations and changes, you created prefectly fitting tops. Great work!
sfshaza said... (6/7/10 2:24 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Karendee, I do own a serger and its even threaded with black thread, but I guess I felt like using the French seams because of the sheerness of the fabric. I guess I was being hoity toity. ;) I did serge the side seams, though, which works much better with the underarm curve.
Karendee said... (6/7/10 1:58 PM) Reply
Shams, these two shirts that look wonderful on you, especially the flattering black one. I also really like the dart adaptation for a newer, easier look. I purchased this pattern, also at the last big online sale and it is in the line to sew. Your finished shirts certainly spur me on. Do you use a serger at all, or just the french seams treatments? Both the fabrics are also lovely and your review is just packed full of information. Thanks.
Fran G said... (6/7/10 7:12 AM) Reply
Both look great on you although I lean toward the black! I like the sleeve length on the black, but the white is very flattering, too. Isn't Louise's/Barbara Hellyers collar wonderful?I like your idea of eliminating the darts in favor of tucks. I think this is worthy of becoming a TNT!
CarolynGM said... (6/6/10 2:59 PM) Reply
Great job on both versions. Love that black fabric!
Heatherrique said... (6/6/10 12:48 PM) Reply
Sharp looking top! Very nice fit.
DorothyK said... (6/6/10 12:14 PM) Reply
You have great vision for adapting patterns for style and fit. I like both versions. The black fabric is fantastic. It's great the way you incorporate new methods of doing things into your projects.
Patti B said... (6/6/10 10:58 AM) Reply
Both blouses are beautiful. I had not noticed this pattern so thanks for pointing it out. I always enjoy your detailed reviews -- they inspire. And if you find more of that black fabric, buy me some! VBG
marthamyers said... (6/6/10 8:20 AM) Reply
Great use of this pattern. I love the idea of replacing fish eye darts with tucks. And your work is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the detailed review. Nice work!

by: nanneke