Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8390 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:missyyz

About missyyzstar
ON Canada
Member since: 2/6/09
Posted on:6/13/10 6:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
missyyz said... (6/14/10 3:41 PM) Reply
Thanks all, for the positive reinforcement for my first review !!! I see how participating in this forum can become a motivating factor ! :-) And, my poppy-top only cost me about $8 in materials, so who can complain.
Jane S said... (6/14/10 11:19 AM) Reply
Wonderfully summery fabric for this lovely top. That side drape loks quite flattering. Congrats on your top and your first review.
carolynw said... (6/14/10 9:45 AM) Reply
I love this top - the fabric is so pretty - so right for ths time of the year. I bet you'll get lots of wear out of it. Congrats on your first review!!
Obrooks770 said... (6/14/10 9:27 AM) Reply
WOW! Beautiful top, I love the print!
Paris75008 said... (6/14/10 7:30 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review. The top turned out great and the fabric is just lovely
Elona said... (6/14/10 2:17 AM) Reply
Hey, that turned out really well! I also loathe the double/quadruple layer thing that so many of these patterns use. I suppose the idea is to avoid that long front facing, but it's as if the pattern designers have never heard of binding the edges--or they figure customers won't be able to manage it. Anyhow, you triumphed over adversity, so congratulations.
o3b said... (6/14/10 1:53 AM) Reply
I really like your top, too! It sure stands out in the photos on the gallery review page.
Nan Kay said... (6/13/10 11:33 PM) Reply
really like your fabric!
kathleencramer said... (6/13/10 8:56 PM) Reply
Great fabric pick! Looks bright and cheerful.
Izzie said... (6/13/10 8:45 PM) Reply
Great top! I really like the fabric you used. Congrats on your first review, you did a great job.
HLT said... (6/13/10 7:55 PM) Reply
Nicely done! I really really like this print! It's so bright and summery. Congratulations on your first PR review!
barebear said... (6/13/10 7:52 PM) Reply
I like how it turned out! The fabric is really pretty. Congrats on your first review!
RadarRadiance said... (6/13/10 6:36 PM) Reply
Great review and great top! I love the fabric you picked for it. Looks very nice!!! I will look forward to more reviews when you make your next one. I do like the lines of the pattern.

Understanding Knit Fabrics