Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4975 (Men's big and tall shirt)

Reviewed by:michellep74

About michellep74starstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 7/19/07
Posted on:6/6/10 7:46 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating:
Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Kids(boys & girls)
Tez said... (6/25/10 1:58 PM) Reply
Great shirt. I love the bias contrast!
tholtz said... (6/24/10 5:51 PM) Reply
My son is 6'7" and 300lbs, this shirt looks like it might work for him! I love the fabric you chose, great shirt!
JEF said... (6/14/10 2:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! Like others, I LOVE the bias button band. It totally makes the shirt. Great job.
michellep74 said... (6/7/10 1:58 PM) Reply
Sherril, what I should have said is that I currently have shirting fabric bought for at least 3 more. I suspect that when I (hopefully) get pregnant, I'll be sewing a ton of these for him. ;)
Sherril Miller said... (6/7/10 1:42 PM) Reply
Great job on those bias details. Why stop at 3 more. You could probably stop buying RTW since he loves the way this one fits. Just shop for great shirting. BTW, Michael Levines has great shirtings right now.
ChristineBR said... (6/7/10 10:30 AM) Reply
It's all been said, but it bears repeating!
sugarduck said... (6/7/10 4:09 AM) Reply
I, too, like the bias pockets. This looks like a nice shirt!
Riesie said... (6/6/10 11:59 PM) Reply
Wow, great to know it already accommodates a full abdomen - that's where my DH needs extra room. Thanks for the review. Love the bias accents, too.
Seamingly Simple said... (6/6/10 10:39 PM) Reply
Super to have a basic pattern that you can use to make DH so many different shirts. I really like how you put the pockets on the bias.
QuickFade said... (6/6/10 10:35 PM) Reply
Great shirt! Great idea to put the design details on the bias. It gives just the right amount of fashion to the shirt without going overboard.
CynthiaSue said... (6/6/10 9:28 PM) Reply
Michelle, this shirt is awesome!!! I LOVE the fabric. And the bias button band and pocket look so nice. and it fits him so well!! you guys are so cute! So sweet to make this for your man!
renren said... (6/6/10 8:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful! I'm in the market for such a shirt pattern and you have singlehandedly sold me on this one! Excellent project and review--glad to have read it. (I especially like the thoughtful look on your husband's face, "No, I don't believe I've seen the puddy tat," even while the cat's tail is sticking out behind him!!!)
Rhoda K said... (6/6/10 7:57 PM) Reply
Great shirt, and seems the cat likes it too ;-)

Lutterloh OOP Lutterloh Sup178A #96

by: Lagolden2

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2015-117

by: Nanax4

Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern

Victory Satsuki Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)