Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2501 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:marec

About marecstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/11/08
Posted on:6/8/10 4:49 PM
Last Updated:6/8/10 4:54 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Mangosteen25 said... (1/6/14 7:51 AM) Reply
Love the fabric and the solid blue line at the waist. I have just cut this in a printed seersucker and am a bit nervous after all your comments on fitting but only one way to learn!
viola33 said... (7/20/11 8:56 AM) Reply
It's a beautiful top! Looks gorgeous on you!
ReneVague3 said... (10/4/10 7:52 PM) Reply
Thank you for the thorough review. The final product is inspiring :)
chucklehead said... (7/15/10 6:58 PM) Reply
Superhelpful. Thank you!
JillyBe said... (6/10/10 1:43 AM) Reply
I agree with all the other comments, about both tops! #4 is absolutely perfect on you, but I really like the green as well :)
Sharonspils said... (6/10/10 0:54 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse.
Raye Ann said... (6/9/10 11:01 PM) Reply
ah, marec! i love it! i think is beautifully flattering on you. your perseverance really paid off.
whistlin dixie said... (6/9/10 8:06 PM) Reply
Nice style and flattering print for you! Thanks for detailing all of the effort you put into making this fit so well. Lots of work, but well worth it!
Aroura said... (6/9/10 6:04 PM) Reply
This looks really great! I love that you used sheets, one of my favorite sewing mediums. Your top looks so very professional, too! Also, thanks for the great review, and fitting tips. :D
lynne1nor said... (6/9/10 4:37 PM) Reply
That's a really nice looking top! Great job!
mssewcrazy said... (6/9/10 10:30 AM) Reply
Wonderful top! I am going to hunt harder for sheets to use for something besides muslins and pjs.
jgmafpw said... (6/9/10 10:09 AM) Reply
Wow this may be the prettiest tops I've ever seen. Beautiful, both the top and the model.
pfaffkj said... (6/9/10 8:33 AM) Reply
Lovely blouses. Congratulations on getting the fit you wanted. Both tops look nice on you. Thank you for a superb review and thank your photographer for nice pics!
Danvillegirl said... (6/9/10 5:33 AM) Reply
I really like this blouse. I like the green one also. I really need to make this pattern, been in my stash for awhile now.
lamstu said... (6/9/10 4:26 AM) Reply
Your determination is admirable and paid off in the end result. Great top, great fit.
sugarduck said... (6/9/10 2:59 AM) Reply
Ooh...this looks so crisp and summery! I really like this blouse. Great job!
Mushywear said... (6/9/10 2:13 AM) Reply
This top looks great on you. I like the green version too. Way to stay with it to get the fit just right!
Annette1 said... (6/9/10 0:17 AM) Reply
Another GREAT review, and I just LOVE this little top. You should wear it EVERY TIME you go in your kitchen, because look how nicely it coordinates. :o) I'm going to be looking for neat sheets now.
thirteenstitches said... (6/8/10 11:04 PM) Reply
Very lovely : )
Mahler said... (6/8/10 10:43 PM) Reply
Long time not reading your reviews... sorry for being so absent... the fourth version is a total success... and the green one is nice... from my point of view at least. Nice, nice top
Lori V said... (6/8/10 10:43 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse.
Knitters Delight said... (6/8/10 9:12 PM) Reply
I love it!
Heatherrique said... (6/8/10 6:45 PM) Reply
Such a fresh, fun, and fabulous top! You achieved a superb fit and thanks for the informative review, especially with regards to the peplum, which rarely works for me in various patterns, because of the need to make more adjustments. I am glad that you made the peplum work for you. Very nice job!
Rhoda K said... (6/8/10 6:27 PM) Reply
Lovely top.
Patti B said... (6/8/10 6:19 PM) Reply
Your perseverance paid off! Very nice blouses. Good to know about the waist location on the pattern.
pterion said... (6/8/10 6:04 PM) Reply
I love how this blouse turned out. I'm tempted to try this pattern. Thanks for the head's up on the fitting struggles!
BJ1400 said... (6/8/10 6:04 PM) Reply
That looks great on you! Cute fabric too.
Barbara V said... (6/8/10 5:35 PM) Reply
Your top looks great on you and I really like the sleeveless version. Nice work!
sew2little said... (6/8/10 5:26 PM) Reply
I loved the fabric even before I read that it was a Ralph Lauren sheet! Cute top--great perseverance!
Gelbean said... (6/8/10 4:54 PM) Reply