Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4486 (Making History)

Reviewed by:dfr2010

About dfr2010star
Member since: 3/27/10
Posted on:6/11/10 12:58 PM
Last Updated:6/11/10 1:01 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Margaret said... (6/12/10 4:14 PM) Reply
Nice shirt, looks great on you! Sometimes it's hard to get a good fit with these men's/women's patterns, but it sounds like this one is OK aside from the placket length. I love the fabric too!
dfr2010 said... (6/12/10 1:28 PM) Reply
Michelle - maybe if I make another one ... without all the boo-boos in the front LOL I did cringe when I pulled it out and saw what a mess I had made of the plackets. The picture made me realize how flattering it is for me - especially around the midsection. As for "other than costume" I wore what you see in the pic all day yesterday, including out to dinner with hubby. Hubby asked if I had more of the red stripe sleeve material - he likes it.
Michele Lommasson said... (6/12/10 1:18 PM) Reply
Nice shirt. Will you wear it for anything but costume?
dfr2010 said... (6/11/10 2:26 PM) Reply
still don't have a clear pic of my 2nd shirt ever, although I do still wear it ... this was the 2nd shirt *from this pattern* as my friend was happy to be a test subject because he liked the line drawings. No pirate festivals nearby, so last month's pirate weekend at Renn Faire is all I do.
Aroura said... (6/11/10 2:17 PM) Reply
Great job on it, I certainly wouldn't have guessed it was only your second shirt ever. Ilike the fabric too! Are you going to anyof the pirate festivals this year? That shirt would be perfect!
Trephas2003 said... (6/11/10 1:11 PM) Reply