Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1181 (Misses' Caftan)

Reviewed by:Therisa

About Therisastarstar
MI USA
Member since: 4/1/07
Posted on:6/12/10 8:56 PM
Last Updated:6/13/10 1:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Loungewear
Lynnelle said... (6/14/10 9:10 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Very elegant and chic!
CarolynGM said... (6/13/10 10:00 PM) Reply
Very dramatic style that suits you well. I like caftans too but somehow missed thsi pattern.
JillyBe said... (6/13/10 7:19 PM) Reply
Way to turn so-called "ugly" on its head & bring out the elegance & beauty! This looks fabulous on you - good job!
FreyaStark said... (6/13/10 6:07 PM) Reply
It's gorgeous. The caftan looks much better in a print than in the solid colour on the pattern envelope, and your use of remnants is clever, too.
Sana said... (6/13/10 3:51 PM) Reply
I usually like caftans, but I wasn't keen on this one when I saw the pattern photo. Your interpretation of it, however, I DO like. Very nice.
AnneM said... (6/13/10 3:18 PM) Reply
The drapey fabric really makes a different for this. I think in particular the back view is elegant. You have the height & stature to wear this garment. Fun that your students got involved.
whirrclunk said... (6/13/10 3:13 PM) Reply
You look great! What a difference from the pattern envelope (for the better!)
knitmachinequeen said... (6/13/10 2:38 PM) Reply
Therisa you always make such amazingly trendy garments.
Steffie said... (6/13/10 10:25 AM) Reply
Therisa - I love it! I bought this pattern myself, but haven't made it yet. Thanks for all the tips. Your Caftan is really lovely.
carolynw said... (6/13/10 9:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful and how kind of you to let your students cut your beautiful charmeuse - I think everyone certainly deserves to be proud!! Your height carries this style off so well
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/13/10 9:45 AM) Reply
I love it! and how charming of your students to get involved.. and your leap of faith to let them...
LuceLu said... (6/13/10 9:18 AM) Reply
I'm hearing music when I look at you. An old Motown hit-- Diana Ross and the Supremes "Reflections" Through the mirror of my mind Time after time I see reflections of you and me Reflections of The way life used to be Reflections of The love you took from me Now that I have the song worm in my head, I hope everyone else is walking around wearing a gorgeous caftan and humming it, grooving to the tune.
Melody said... (6/13/10 0:09 AM) Reply
I love that you made this. It looks awesome and so luxurious!
Athene said... (6/12/10 11:54 PM) Reply
Fabulous look on you. I love it. Also thank you for the link to the Rucci 2010 Fall collection.
marec said... (6/12/10 9:53 PM) Reply
It's beautiful on you. It takes a certain type of woman to wear these well-my mom is one of those women, as are you. Your height and style make this a beautiful "LOOK".

Understanding Wool Fabrics