Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4684 (Tunic)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:6/11/10 2:51 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Mini said... (5/4/11 11:21 AM) Reply
I heeded the warning about the sleeves. They are very long! Otherwise, this pattern works great without much adjustment. I made the v-neck view, and really love the way it fits, even with no FBA. Based on finished measurements, I went down a size which was just right. It has just a bit of waist shaping, and a gentle flare at hip level so it isn't sack-like. It's comnfortably loose but still flattering. Thanks for pointing this cute pattern out, as I didn't notice it before.
oldschool said... (6/15/10 1:23 AM) Reply
I've been afraid of this pattern because it calls for trims. But yours looks great! Now I will stop pushing it aside.
OP Gal said... (6/12/10 12:36 PM) Reply
Great summer top. And pretty fabric, too.
Rebecca D said... (6/12/10 9:35 AM) Reply
I have my eye out for tunic tops, so this one is going on the wishlist. You look great in it. Thanks for the tips on sizing.
MNBarb said... (6/11/10 7:15 PM) Reply
I like your version. You're right, a nice simple pattern with a print works well. It looks more flattering on you than the pattern envelope. Cute how you mimicked the model's pose.
cindy-lou said... (6/11/10 6:40 PM) Reply
Nancy--- PRETTY!! I'm climbing out of sewing hibernation. Maybe this will be my first project of this year! XOXOXO
Kayseri said... (6/11/10 6:15 PM) Reply
Lovely summer top. It looks loose and cool without being huge and shapeless.
Rhoda K said... (6/11/10 3:56 PM) Reply
A very nice top and definitely looks comfy.
Nan Kay said... (6/11/10 3:55 PM) Reply
I've made this pattern, with mixed results, I like yours better!! Good color too.