Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2504

Member since: 7/7/07
Posted on:6/11/10 9:23 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Adaire said... (6/21/13 4:52 PM) Reply
I am just amazed (as I often am with PR) at the creativity of you all. This seems to be a great pattern and can be interpreted so many different ways for different ages and climates. Seems to look great on all body types too.
LaurenRose said... (1/17/11 8:05 AM) Reply
Luv your jacket! You did a great job!.Your review is super helpful as I am making this same jkt. in olive green wide cordoroy. Facings are tricky tho as you said but with a little patience I think I got it. I'm also adding a lining to mine by following instructions I found from an old issue of Threads Magazine. Will post my first review when I'm done.
arianamaniacs said... (6/13/10 4:25 AM) Reply
That doesn't look like beginner's work to me! Great jacket! BTW I have no idea what you mean, I have at least 2 silver jackets in my closet ;)
snuzal said... (6/12/10 1:01 PM) Reply
Thanks guys, it's definitely growing on me a bit. The trick to the collar, is I think just pressing pressing pressing until it sits. it did drive me nuts for a bit too, but I just used steam 100 times over until it sat right. The exposed zips are my favourite part I think, they are so funky.
Maggiedoll said... (6/12/10 9:47 AM) Reply
Looks great! I tried to do this pattern and it's in my UFO box, I couldn't get the collar to sit right. Maybe I'll have to try it again. In the fall, when it's not so hot! I can't think about cold-weather clothes in the summer or warm-weather clothes in the winter, let alone actually work on them. I thought that bit of black thread was on purpose! It's not clear in the photo, but it looked like it could have been your name or something, embroidered onto the edge!
jannw said... (6/12/10 9:30 AM) Reply
love the contrast color on the exposed zip..really adds to the jacket. Great job!
Rebecca D said... (6/12/10 9:29 AM) Reply
Those exposed zippers look fantastic, just love them.
sugarduck said... (6/12/10 8:29 AM) Reply
I was waiting to see the finished jacket, after reading your posts on the wardrobe contest board. I love the way it turned out. Great job!
margk said... (6/12/10 5:45 AM) Reply
Go Snuzal! Had to laugh about the hand-basting. The things we discover.... LOL. Great work.
Vonnevo said... (6/12/10 5:37 AM) Reply
Fabulous !!!!!
SewSho said... (6/12/10 0:35 AM) Reply
Great job! love the colour choice:)
wsm2408 said... (6/12/10 0:14 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Very trendy. You look sensational.
goosegreen said... (6/11/10 11:57 PM) Reply
Wow! Funky jacket....love it!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (6/11/10 10:39 PM) Reply
What a great job you have done on that jacket. The finish is superb!

More Knits