Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Downloadable> 02-2010-104 (skirt)

Reviewed by:ksmith90

About ksmith90star
CA United States
Member since: 1/28/06
Posted on:6/14/10 2:47 PM
Last Updated:9/23/10 5:55 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

Seamingly Simple said... (9/24/10 11:23 AM) Reply
This looks like a good basic pattern to perfect for use over and over again. I've figured out that Burda makes waistbands too loose for my liking, so I have been going down a size at the waist (even if my measurements suggest I should go UP a size). I get a comfortably snug fit this way.
lyndle said... (9/24/10 1:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt - worth persevering on. Those Burda Style instructions can be pretty bad - thanks for the warning!
SewSara said... (6/14/10 5:38 PM) Reply
I just posted my review of this skirt. I kind of just skim Burda's instructions and then do my own thing. Here is how my facing looks: http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/sdes_photo/Sewing/Burda/IMG_0735.jpg I turned the facing to the inside and blindstitched it down to the zipper and the seam allowance on the bottom of the waistband on the inside of the skirt. Then I topstitched the top and bottom of the waistband.
Terri Smith said... (6/14/10 5:16 PM) Reply
I have used this advice before, so I hope it helps: http://thesewingdivas.wordpress.com/2008/12/11/facing-for-invisible-zipper/ It is from Goregousfabrics aka Ann Steeves, a pro and PR member.
snuzal said... (6/14/10 3:10 PM) Reply
A girlfriend of mine just used this pattern from my Burda, and I guided her along with it. Until I got to this step as well. I gave up trying to work it out, and we just kind of ignored the instructions from there on in and did the waistband how we usually do if making something. I've somewhere seen instructions on how to put in an invisible zip if you have a facing/lining/waistband etc so hopefully someone will come in and give you that link. Looking forward to seeing this when it's done.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-117

by: motorharp

PerfectFuseTailorUltra Black

PerfectFuseTailorUltra Black

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)