Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3003 (Turtleneck)

Reviewed by:Kim Winson

Last Updated:5/2/04 8:49 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Tops    Skirts
Diana M said... (5/2/04 5:15 PM) Reply
A great review, Kim. And -- I've been looking for patterns for a nice v-neck top and a bias cut skirt. Looks like this has them both, even tho I'm not a "turtle neck kinda girl."
jlg said... (5/2/04 10:17 AM) Reply
Kim, very nice tops. I particularly like the short sleeve version.
lilhoney57 said... (4/30/04 5:53 AM) Reply
Thaks for the tip. Great review!
AnneM said... (4/29/04 7:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip for the clear elastic. I just tried using clear elastic to stablize the shoulder seam, but of course it stuck to the presser foot! Next time, I will be prepared!
Kim Winson said... (4/29/04 11:18 AM) Reply
Deepika: the XS fits perfectly across the shoulders and front. I'm still learning how to properly fit my back; there is still some fabric pooling at the small of my back. I'm also getting vertical folds of fabric between my shoulder blades all the way down to the waist. So I think I have a combo of broad back, swayback and an erect posture. Thank you the tip, Deepika, but that's not the one. Someone wrote that she used tissue paper in the above manner. Maybe I read it on the message boards.
Kim Winson said... (4/29/04 11:14 AM) Reply
Deepika: the XS fits perfectly across the shoulders and front. I'm still learning how to properly fit my back; there is still some fabric pooling at the small of my back. The shirt is otherwise a pretty close fit. I might have to tweak the sleeves a bit tighter but then I have skinny arms. Thank you for searching for the tip but that's not the one :) Someone wrote that she used tissue paper in the above manner. Maybe I read it on the message boards.
shard said... (4/29/04 10:51 AM) Reply
Looks great! Do you remember the pattern number?
Deepika said... (4/29/04 10:03 AM) Reply
Is this the tip you were talking about? using wash away tape to apply clear elastic
Deepika said... (4/29/04 10:01 AM) Reply
Kim, great review! I had a laugh over the term "dressform gods" I am taking this class too but I have to wait until May end to make the dressform because thats when my mom comes to visit and I am hoping she will help me with it. But its a great idea to use this pattern as the t-shirt. I have it and I think I am going to do the same. Does it fit tight enough in your regular size or did you need to go down?

by: MaidenJane