Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4788 (Mens Harem Pants)

Reviewed by:Peter in NYC

About Peter in NYCstarstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 6/9/09
Posted on:6/14/10 9:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
cleverclogs said... (6/25/10 6:38 AM) Reply
I like them with the formal coat. What does cousin Cathy think?
amy in mpls said... (6/19/10 2:25 PM) Reply
Yo Hammer! These look great. :)
Peter in NYC said... (6/18/10 5:19 PM) Reply
Thanks, guys!
ggf2005 said... (6/15/10 5:30 PM) Reply
Peter you are awesome, those look great! If you can get a rapper on board it would end the ugly, dangerous, saggin' look.
swede said... (6/15/10 12:40 PM) Reply
I have to confess, I've had a hard time wrapping my head around this style, but yours are so fun, and look great on you! My daughter wants a pair after seeing them in the May Burda, so, clearly they're next on my list!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (6/15/10 10:40 AM) Reply
Love your pants and style. I am making pants like these this summer too, comfy and trendy!!
Rhoda K said... (6/15/10 10:16 AM) Reply
Wow - I'll just have to say ditto all the above. They do look comfy!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/15/10 7:49 AM) Reply
These pants are worn in Morocco--in white. Very comfy, eh? ;)
lillyjill said... (6/15/10 7:44 AM) Reply
The comment above me is so hilarious
MNBarb said... (6/15/10 7:38 AM) Reply
Enjoy your pants. No wedgie there. Lots of breeze blowing through, Why not?
Rebecca D said... (6/15/10 6:55 AM) Reply
I think they look great on you and you just keep on wearing them. The dressed up version is one I'm particularly keen on.
FreyaStark said... (6/15/10 5:54 AM) Reply
Amazing. I think they work best as a casual look, with the tank top and sandals. They would also look good topped with the shirt of the same pattern (but without the Chanel cardie ...) Why not try that?
J-Girl said... (6/15/10 2:09 AM) Reply
I secretly love them . . . There are some guys I might not want to see them on . . . but you're rockin' it!
marec said... (6/15/10 1:09 AM) Reply
God, I can't believe I'm going to say this...but...they work for you bro! I like them-you have a rather swashbuckling air about you when wearing them.
gabrielle said... (6/15/10 0:32 AM) Reply
I really like them! My favorite look is with the surcingle belt and the lace-up shoes.
pterion said... (6/14/10 10:30 PM) Reply
I always feel kind of bad for men in the summer, especially in the city, because women seem to have so many more clothing options when the weather is beastly hot. But these pants look like they would indeed be nice and cool. And honestly, given some of the outfits I see on the subways, harem pants are not outrageous at all. Off to check out the comments on your blog...
JEF said... (6/14/10 9:52 PM) Reply
You are so daring and I love you for it!
voet said... (6/14/10 9:49 PM) Reply
It is always interesting to see what your next project will be. This is certainly interesting. Actually ethnic clothing is a way that men can "push the envelope" a bit. I really like the beautiful silks that men in some Asian cultures wear. While I probably will not be making any for myself, who knows maybe in a few years it will be old hat. After all, look what people wore in the 60s and 70s.

by: buffy0214