Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2009-123 (Classy Comfort Jersey Dress)

Reviewed by:Donna Likes Golf

pdf sewing patterns

KathleenS said... (1/25/12 5:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for the warning!
gabc said... (11/7/10 7:21 AM) Reply
I had a lot of problems with this too - mainly because I forgot to check the neckline! The result was a dress was wayyyyyyy too low cut to be of any use; it made me really annoyed. I cut it up again and made it into a top and am much happier :-)
carolynw said... (7/2/10 9:44 PM) Reply
I like this - yes it is big fitting but cute and I don't really see a mu-mu on you - actually my initial response was how can she mean didn't work for me - great for a hot summer day!!
Donna Likes Golf said... (7/2/10 3:20 PM) Reply
Liz, it could work as a night gown but take a LOT of the ease out. Otherwise, you could wake up in one big knot! ;-)
Lizz said... (7/2/10 1:30 PM) Reply
It's cute on you! I agree that a muslin is a must. It may take some getting used to the looser fit. To be honest, I was looking for a pattern for a summer nightgown and had picked this one out! I thought I would leave off the sleeves and take away some of the fullness in the back and it would work just fine. Silkweight Powerdry is my chosen fabric. What do you think?
Donna Likes Golf said... (7/2/10 11:13 AM) Reply
Thank you all for the kind comments! I may just have to try this one again, smaller size, narrow back adjustment, raised neckline, etc, etc.
Levone said... (7/2/10 10:14 AM) Reply
I think this is cute on you. Maybe a size down or so would help, but I like the look.
Rebecca D said... (7/2/10 6:45 AM) Reply
It is a tad voluminous, isn't it? Still, it's cute and maybe if you size down for the next one?
ChristmasHills said... (7/2/10 5:46 AM) Reply
Hi Donna, I like it on you. Could it be that you are very used to tight fitting styles that have been around for a while and just need to "adjust" to a looser fit? That is certainly the case for me. I also remember when jean tops left the waist and migrated south and I thought I would never wear them, now the high style looks odd. Just a thought. And I repeat - I think it looks good on you.