Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2107 (Pants and Shorts)

Reviewed by:lynne1nor

About lynne1norstar
Member since: 5/23/07
Posted on:6/14/10 11:05 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
RadarRadiance said... (1/12/11 10:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great detailed review and leaving your pictures up so we can still see them. Very helpful, you did a fantastic job!
LauraJ said... (6/27/10 2:10 PM) Reply
Wow! They look great. I admire the amount of detail you've added. I'm joining the list of folks who'd love a tutorial on doing the elastic waistband trick. That would actually be useful on women's dress pants, too.
Sew it seams said... (6/25/10 10:07 AM) Reply
Great job! My husband was looking over my shoulder as I viewed all the modifications you made and he said "wow! Can you make some of those for me?" So, I'll be trying this pattern before fall. He wants me to copy his favorite style of double knee Carhardts.
whirrclunk said... (6/24/10 4:29 PM) Reply
So much effort, it's great that they turned out so well!
ggf2005 said... (6/24/10 3:54 PM) Reply
having made men's pants before i know how much work was involved. girl you did a great job!
JEF said... (6/23/10 9:57 AM) Reply
Wonderful pants and what a great review! Thanks.
JillyBe said... (6/21/10 7:40 PM) Reply
Your first pair of men's pants? I'm impressed! What an excellent job! Great review too :)
Kayseri said... (6/17/10 4:32 AM) Reply
Good looking pants and all those details have obviously made your DH very happy.
Aroura said... (6/16/10 2:30 PM) Reply
These are fantastic! What a very lucky DH you have! Very good review, lots of helpful details, thankyou.
CSM--Carla said... (6/15/10 9:55 AM) Reply
Amazing!!! Thanks for this great review!!
ChristineBR said... (6/15/10 9:22 AM) Reply
Agree on everything said, but especially the waist tutorial.
Peter in NYC said... (6/15/10 8:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful job. So many great details -- wow!
MNBarb said... (6/15/10 7:25 AM) Reply
You must REALLY love your husband. These pants are a work of art and architecture. I can't believe you even did the waistband/elastic thing. Are you sure you aren't an "expert" sewist? Lucky man.
o3b said... (6/15/10 3:06 AM) Reply
His request list made me laugh. Being able to make them just as he wanted must have made him feel extra special. You should consider doing a tutorial on the waistband. The pics you have already taken would be a great starting point for someone else to visualize. Don't you think we should be able to buy the really good pants fabric (like, say, Eddie Bauer fabric)?? And in the colors guys want, too.
Sew4Fun said... (6/15/10 2:04 AM) Reply
Wow, I can see why your DH loves them. Great job.
21wale said... (6/15/10 0:52 AM) Reply
Wow! Excellent pants. My husband likes made-to-order details, too (: But I haven't ventured into pants for him yet.
Patti B said... (6/15/10 0:40 AM) Reply
Aren't you nice to sew these very custom pants for your DH. They look great.
Immelu said... (6/15/10 0:27 AM) Reply
Wow those are fantastic! The stretchy waistband is great! Thanks for the review!
MelissaB in WA said... (6/14/10 11:35 PM) Reply
Wonderful pants - what a helpful review too!
Ericaeli said... (6/14/10 11:32 PM) Reply
These turned out great. I love all the changes you made to the pattern. Your dh is lucky that you were able to make all his requests come true!