Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5801 (easy)

Reviewed by:VirginiasDghter

About VirginiasDghter
OH United States
Member since: 3/6/10
Posted on:6/15/10 11:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Sweater knit fabrics

JodieT said... (4/12/13 11:41 AM) Reply
Thank you for review. This dress is OOP now and I have it. I love pattern review because we can check other"s success's and failure's before destashing. I have been sewing for home, gifts and for ground children and am ready for sewing for self!
angela langan said... (8/25/11 2:38 AM) Reply
well now thats just cute, i have this pattern and gosh I have some navy checked cotton and I think I just found me a match n the stash!
sharkycharming said... (11/29/10 9:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
VirginiasDghter said... (7/5/10 1:52 PM) Reply
I've have been so encouraged since becoming a member of this website, it is nice to also be an encouragement! Thanks imsewcrazy and PattyU. Patty U: you are absolutely right I forgot this mention this in my review - good point! I actually used a handkerchief linen that my mother had in her stash. It was 45" so I had to re-fold (cross-wise - I think) the fabric to accomodate the required width. As a result, I ended up using more fabric than the pattern called for. I had to shorten the pattern a little but ended up using a tinch less than a yard more fabric than required by the pattern. Hope this helps!
imsewcrazy said... (7/3/10 10:08 PM) Reply
Just pick this pattern up today at the McCalls sale at Joanns. I saw your version and I love it! You really did a great job. It looks very nice on you. Thanks for the review.
PattyU said... (7/3/10 9:19 AM) Reply
Your dress is lovely. I was considering this pattern and look at each review. No one mentions that it calls for 60" woven fabric. Was this a problem for you? Did you need to alter the skirt in any way to fit it on standard width woven or did you find wide fabric? Thanks.
VirginiasDghter said... (6/28/10 8:17 PM) Reply
redhotpepper: LOL! Thanks! Can't wait to see yours.
redhotpepper said... (6/27/10 8:56 PM) Reply
That is so stinkin' cute! I have the pattern and it's just moved up the list thanks to your review.
mestake said... (6/17/10 1:07 PM) Reply
Looks great on you! Nice job.
JodieT said... (6/16/10 11:56 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern. I am planning on making it out of a linen solid I have. I love the check linen. Thank you for review.
Dmd4106 said... (6/16/10 5:46 PM) Reply
dup
Dmd4106 said... (6/16/10 5:46 PM) Reply
Cool and comfy summer classic! Great review! I think it would be great in white too!
VirginiasDghter said... (6/16/10 2:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments and thanks to Dynamo for the sewing tip. I will definitely try this next time! Thanks again!
Elizabeth made this said... (6/16/10 12:51 PM) Reply
It looks so cool and comfortable.
MaryDB said... (6/16/10 10:26 AM) Reply
Love the dress, looks great. Nice job.
Dynamo said... (6/16/10 8:54 AM) Reply
I've been eyeing this pattern so thanks for reviewing it. The dress looks super cute on you. Also I think your collar situation is a common problem. I have taken a blouse making course and lots of people had similar problems to yours re fitting the collar to the neck edge. Pin the center backs and the neck edges, and then halfway between those points and then you need to pull on the collar, keep pinning etc to get it to fit. Hope that makes sense.
mhk3boys said... (6/16/10 7:37 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
Lori V said... (6/16/10 7:01 AM) Reply
Darling dress, very pretty fabric.
FreyaStark said... (6/16/10 5:16 AM) Reply
It's a lovely dress, smart and cool looking. You would find it easier if you made it again.
Aroura said... (6/16/10 2:00 AM) Reply
Good job fixing the neckband situation, it looks perfect. I love eyour fabric choice too.
SewSho said... (6/16/10 1:14 AM) Reply