Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1179 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:tiadia

About tiadiastar
Member since: 2/21/08
Posted on:6/18/10 1:46 PM
Last Updated:7/25/10 9:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Auntie Allyn said... (7/28/10 7:40 AM) Reply
Great review, great pattern! I've made this a couple of times myself . . . it's a fabulous, quick summer dress!
Rebecca D said... (7/26/10 6:42 AM) Reply
I've got so many knit pieces that would be great for this pattern. I love your version and appreciate the sizing and construction tips.
Raye Ann said... (6/26/10 12:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for your great review of this dress. I have the pattern and had intended to modify it for maternity wear. Well, I am only two weeks away from my due date, so I will definitely be making it up for regular use! Thanks for all of the finishing tips.
DorothyK said... (6/26/10 9:31 AM) Reply
Very nice dress. Thanks for reminding me about this pattern. I should make it before the summer ends. Your review will be very helpful - especially in choosing the color and weight of fabric. I look forward to seeing your next version.
renren said... (6/26/10 8:19 AM) Reply
This is an excellent review. I learned something, so thanks. I had the feeling I was reading the words of someone who knew what she was doing and sure enough, when I checked your skill level I saw you were 'Advanced.' Nice looking dress and thanks for addressing the light color and lightness of the fabric in deciding factors for where you will wear the dress. I'll be watching for the print dress review of this pattern. Also thanks for the FBA method and how you fixed a stretched-out neckline.
Rebecca D said... (6/19/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Look great on you, so comfortable and chic.
Athene said... (6/19/10 7:28 AM) Reply
Very nice dress. Like sewbehind I never see silk jersey at our local Fabricland. That is so nice that you can purchase it.
sewbehind said... (6/18/10 5:48 PM) Reply
Looks very nice. Your Fabricland carries SILK jersey? How lucky.
touran said... (6/18/10 5:29 PM) Reply
Fantastic color and drape. It's lovely.
ButtonFaith said... (6/18/10 4:40 PM) Reply
glad to see this pattern made up; gorgeous color!
DesignsByDenise said... (6/18/10 3:08 PM) Reply
I like it - it looks very comfortable, and bamboo has become one of my favorite fabrics. It seems like everything made with it is as soft as can be. This dress would be perfect to throw on for summer errands or the beach. Let us know how the heavier fabric works out for you.
moushka said... (6/18/10 2:24 PM) Reply
Very stylish, comfortable dress for summer. Lovely colour.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS