Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2902 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE DRESS)

Reviewed by:ryansmumAria

About ryansmumAriastarstarstar
Member since: 7/29/05
Posted on:6/24/10 11:12 PM
Last Updated:6/24/10 11:17 PM

ak21 said... (6/30/10 10:52 AM) Reply
what fun. i love the stripe
DorothyK said... (6/26/10 9:45 AM) Reply
Great top. All your hard work paid off.
Sigrid. said... (6/26/10 7:41 AM) Reply
What a special tank top. It's been worth the time (though 10 hours is a lot for a tank top). Love your use of the striped fabric.
CynthiaSue said... (6/26/10 1:52 AM) Reply
wow brilliant black and white combo. very striking. lol. i kept getting drawn back to the "10 hours" time frame as well. whew. i could not have don it. not for a tank top. The end result however is stunning.
quathy said... (6/25/10 5:04 PM) Reply
It looks like a million bucks! Well worth the time you spent!
lca said... (6/25/10 3:48 PM) Reply
Oh this is beautiful! I love the neckline!
psgates said... (6/25/10 1:15 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
ryansmumAria said... (6/25/10 12:03 PM) Reply
babydoll, The ten hours was spent on mostly fitting. I thought the fitting was precise until I sewed it up and saw it needed to be altered more so I took it apart. I didn't have time or fabric to do a first muslin. Because the straps and neckline are all one piece you don't have wiggle room to place the strap location correctly so you must make pattern adjustments in several places. I tried to get the front spacing of the straps and back spacing centered on my body correctly and then get the side seam centered. There is actually alot to consider when making this up. I'm petite in some areas and chunky in others so I have to fiddle more than an average sized person.
ryansmumAria said... (6/25/10 11:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for the generous comments. The striped fabric was a tiny scrap piece from a friend of mine. It was the most wonderful piece of a rather heavy knit that must have had some lycra in it. It was luxurious and I fell in love with it - I, too, love black and white stripes. The skirt was some very inexpensive poly knit purchased from a vendor who would come to my classroom to sell end pieces. The skirt is now tired from wear so I am looking for something similar to make it again.
sewtime said... (6/25/10 11:10 AM) Reply
Love your tank top!
RLL said... (6/25/10 11:04 AM) Reply
I too am a sucker for black and white stripes, or just black and white anything. I love this whole outfit. Please do tell......what are the fabrics for the top and skirt?
becca a said... (6/25/10 9:56 AM) Reply
Your top is lovely! The combination of stripes and solid is very chic.
Rhoda K said... (6/25/10 9:53 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful, sorry it took so long, but worth it. Right? ;-)
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/25/10 7:43 AM) Reply
WOW factor of 10+ That's a snazzy good looking sharp ultra perfect top! I think your 10 hrs paid off handsomely.
JDpenelope said... (6/25/10 7:36 AM) Reply
Gorgeous -- and a great look with the beautiful skirt you also reviewed.
babydoll said... (6/25/10 4:06 AM) Reply
this looks great - i made a straight skirt from striped wool and would never do this again - the time it took messing about with 1/8" here and 1/8" there to get the stripes to look right. you took 10 hours to get the top looking how you wanted - this would be messing with stripes too - or fitting?
carnelian said... (6/25/10 1:40 AM) Reply
Creative, brilliant, chic. Your version exemplifies the meaning of learning from a vintage design.
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (6/25/10 1:13 AM) Reply
love it! I am a sucker for black and white stripes. You got the fit perfect. . .
RadarRadiance said... (6/24/10 11:55 PM) Reply
Ouch! 10 hours...that is what happens to me when I need somthing done fast! haha.... Well worth it because it really makes the whole outfit. I wrote the skirt pattern number down and love the top with it but sounds like lots of work. Very stylish! I'm sure you made your son proud at his special event!

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Bluegingerdoll Odette Dress Paper Pattern