Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3768 (Knit top)

Reviewed by:Bonny Dune

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus    Skirts

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

Marie-Claude said... (8/23/10 1:29 AM) Reply
I've always loved that pattern. I made the long skirt several times and they were always winners. I might have to give the shorts a try next summer! You did a great job on your pair, the fit is great!
Aunt Gail said... (8/17/10 0:05 AM) Reply
Bonnie...great review. I wish at least 50% of the reviews I read here were at least 50% as well thought out as yours! And a good choice for this time of the year in the US ( PS..wouldn't have run across the review unless you posted it in our Plus size msg board!
Bonny Dune said... (6/26/10 9:18 AM) Reply
I cut these shorts exactly as drafted. I think the illustration makes the leg look wide, but it just looks flattering when I got them made up. The bias binding is a technique the pattern uses, and I do like the result. It gives the top of the pocket some shape, which makes it easy to drop things into your pocket. It also helps to minimize the saddle bag look.
lyndle said... (6/26/10 6:59 AM) Reply
Great shorts. The fit is excellent. I tend toavoid shorts but they are so useful that i might try these ones. Thanks for the helpful review.
o3b said... (6/26/10 5:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I also have this pattern. Did you cut the legs as drafted? They look to be wider in the pattern. My body is so much like yours and I like how these fit you. I thought the leg cut looked to wide in the illustration, but maybe I should just cut it as drafted? Your contrast bias on the pockets is really neat.

by: SewWil