Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1106 (MISSES' CAFTAN)

Reviewed by:Therisa

About Therisastarstar
MI USA
Member since: 4/1/07
Posted on:7/3/10 10:13 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
waltzqueen said... (7/6/10 3:37 PM) Reply
I really LOVE your color choice and design, and I'm so sorry the pattern was so awful :(
squirrellypoo said... (7/5/10 7:01 AM) Reply
I hope you can at least reuse all that fabric into some other project! Thanks for the honest review.
BillieJean said... (7/4/10 6:35 AM) Reply
I've made this (although I haven't reviewed it) and mine too was way too long. I just started cutting off the bottom, following the contour, until I got mine as short as I wanted it. I turn up the sleeves to make a cuff. I had never used it until our vacation in Florida this year and I took it to use as a houserobe. My sister took one look and said "now that's sewing for the love of sewing." Don't take yours apart yet. Shorten it and hem it and let it hang in your closet for a while. Gorgeous color combination, by the way.
Athene said... (7/4/10 3:20 AM) Reply
Thank you for the very honest review. Too bad it did not work out. I have been thinking about buying this pattern - over 10 yards is a great deal of fabric - I wanted to purchase this pattern, I will have to ponder that a bit more.
Markie1 said... (7/4/10 1:15 AM) Reply
I sure know that feeling...Good that you can give it a name and say bye-bye! But wait, you mentioned "quilt". Hmmmm.... :-)
FreyaStark said... (7/3/10 8:20 PM) Reply
It looks like an ambitious project so you're game to have tried it. Thanks for sharing your experience.
drsue said... (7/3/10 12:05 PM) Reply
You've done a service to your fellow sewers by warning them about this one.
AnneM said... (7/3/10 11:52 AM) Reply
Ah, what a shame. To bad, it is such a useful style in the hot weather.
Time4me said... (7/3/10 11:22 AM) Reply
Thats so sad. The pattern of the fabric is really nice and flattering. Good review.
Jeannine1976 said... (7/3/10 10:46 AM) Reply
I'm so sorry this project didn't work for you, especially since you were looking forward to entering it into the contest. Over 10yd is a LOT of fabric to lose on one outfit. I really appreciate the enlightenment you were able to provide from your experience, though! :)

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122