Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Era Jacket (Era Jacket)

Reviewed by:Sue Anfang

About Sue Anfangstarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:5/3/04 3:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Meredith P said... (5/10/04 7:37 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review of this jacket, Sue. I really like yours, and appreciate your detailed review. It's very different than I had envisioned. Didn't realize there was that much of a "gap" on the sides. Does the wrong side of the fabric show-in the collar perhaps? I got that impression from the pattern art and had the perfect fabric picked out...
ChrisK said... (5/5/04 4:01 AM) Reply
Thanks Sue, I really appreciate the information regarding the amount of ease in the pattern. I usually cut a 12 so I think I will make the small. My neck isn't long or short - I'll give it a go without alterations and review when I can. I just love the style of this jacket.
Sue Anfang said... (5/4/04 2:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments. To give a point of reference, the collar is probably 5" high (it is turned under 3" to the topstitching then there is a dart horizontally at the bottom of the neck at the shoulders. You can either wear it folded down or up (I showed it pulled up in the pic). On me it is fine but I have a long neck. Chris, this jacket has a lot of ease, I usually take a 14 in the big 4 and cut a Med in this but could easily have made a small, there is lots of ease. Sue
ChrisK said... (5/4/04 1:53 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. How is the collar for you? I know, through the message boards, that Londa was not happy with the collar. I have this pattern and I'm pleased to see this jacket made up. I haven't used a Sewing Workshop pattern before - how did you find the sizing? I am smallish and often find that the big 4 are way too big for me.
Londa Rohlfing said... (5/3/04 11:08 PM) Reply
Sue - what about the height of the collar? I've made and not happy at all with that - I do have a short neck though. My jacket is hanging, waiting for me to take off the collar - cut it off actually, and make it lower on the body...not fun!
jlg said... (5/3/04 9:01 PM) Reply
Sue, very cute jacket. So glad that you reviewed this pattern.
Sue Anfang said... (5/3/04 5:50 PM) Reply
Susan, I think linen would be perfect, especially if you wash it first.
slee said... (5/3/04 4:35 PM) Reply
I love your jacket! Do you think it would be nice in linen? Or would it be too stiff?

by: FreyaStark