Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:6/27/10 8:31 PM
Last Updated:12/5/10 10:33 AM
See other patterns in this category: Pants
myeclecticmess said... (1/25/12 5:56 PM) Reply
I just finally ordered this pattern. I made my first pair of jeans last week using a Kwik Sew pattern and got such a "high" when I finished them and they looked RTW! But they are a little big after a day of wear. My daughter (14yo) asked me if I could make her some jeans so I think this pattern will be perfect for both of us. She likes a low rise and I prefer a regular rise, gotta love a pattern that includes sizes for EVERYONE! All of your versions look great. Thanks for the detailed review and lots of photos of all your attempts.
pammieh said... (9/4/11 4:46 PM) Reply
Super cute - and I love all your versions - how inspiring - I may have to make some corduroy after this!
kim*brown said... (12/9/10 2:08 PM) Reply
Lovely fitting jeans!
Hilary said... (12/5/10 7:36 PM) Reply
Love your new jeans! And thank your DH for being such a trooper, we really appreciate the pics!
Christas said... (12/5/10 3:20 PM) Reply
Wow! You have made an even nicer pair of jeans from this pattern! I thought the others were wonderful, but this one is my favorite!
Annette1 said... (12/5/10 3:08 PM) Reply
I think these are my FAVORITE so far! :o) I love your dog, too. :o)
annie11 said... (12/5/10 1:22 PM) Reply
Amazing fit and your topstitching is perfection.
RobbieK said... (12/5/10 11:50 AM) Reply
These are terrific!!!
sewingsilly said... (12/5/10 11:35 AM) Reply
Perfection!! Superior job in every aspect!!
RLL said... (12/5/10 10:45 AM) Reply
Now these are just perfect. Gotta love a jeans TNT pattern. How sweet of your hubby to do a photo session 4 days post op and in the snow. And very glad that the snow is in your yard and not mine LOL! Guess that is why I live in the south!
Riordan said... (12/5/10 10:35 AM) Reply
Wonderful jeans! They look great on you! Thanks for the helpful review, too.
Mushywear said... (10/19/10 1:47 AM) Reply
These look so professional. The pocket embroidery on the jeans is fabulous! I especially like the color of the corduroy. So versatile!
JTink said... (10/18/10 7:09 PM) Reply
These look fantastic...
Gelbean said... (10/18/10 3:15 PM) Reply
Congrats on your Jalie jeans! The denim and cord versions both look great!
FreyaStark said... (10/18/10 2:42 AM) Reply
They look pretty good to me, with or without the dog.
renren said... (10/17/10 10:50 PM) Reply
You are defintely turning out to be a pants making wizard! Very nice.
mhk3boys said... (10/17/10 10:17 PM) Reply
Wow! Your denim jeans look awesome! I hope you get your rivet thing fixed. I've never applied rivets,yet!
Christas said... (10/17/10 10:11 PM) Reply
WOW! These look fantastic! You are getting great mileage out of this pattern and looks to me like these are TNT!
no7262 said... (10/17/10 9:33 PM) Reply
Great Job! Nora :)
AuntieShel said... (10/17/10 7:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful, all of them! I think you nailed the fit!!
pammieh said... (9/14/10 10:51 PM) Reply
Wow!! Fantastic on you!!
marec said... (9/13/10 7:34 PM) Reply
Those are really nice!!
Mazzygirl said... (9/13/10 4:20 AM) Reply
what's not to like about this pattern??!! Yours look great & fit fantastically, & I love the stretch cord! I think I need to make another pair now!
Annette1 said... (9/13/10 2:24 AM) Reply
GREAT fit on these jeans, and even the dog is excited! :o))
Terri A said... (9/13/10 0:18 AM) Reply
Fantastic! I adore the corduroy and I know just what you mean about the fit. Great job!
Lynn67 said... (7/1/10 5:59 PM) Reply
They look fantastic! I pulled up the first 2 pics and thought, are these the RTW ones? Awesome job and fit! Thanks for the tips too.
susiestitcher said... (6/30/10 7:28 AM) Reply
Your jeans turned out great. Congratulations. I am so glad the waistband thing worked out. I intend to make another pair for myself this summer, so thanks for the heads up on being prepared for a slightly different fit each time.
Barbara V said... (6/28/10 10:27 AM) Reply
Great looking pair of jeans. So glad to read that they relaxed into a comfortable fit for you. I must make a pair of these.
Ciclista said... (6/28/10 9:08 AM) Reply
Great looking jeans - I too have the gaposis problem in RTW. I'm continuously blown away by how well everyone's jeans look, who've used this pattern. Maybe after decades of never having jeans that truly fit; I've give it a try.
JEF said... (6/28/10 9:07 AM) Reply
Those look SO good on you. Congratulations!
Dei said... (6/28/10 6:55 AM) Reply
Well done! You are so right, when you first complete sewing and fitting jeans properly, the seem tight, but the jean material relaxes so much after wearing that they feel just right after wearing for just a day. They look fabulous on you.
Mushywear said... (6/28/10 4:49 AM) Reply
Great job on your jeans. Glad the fit turned out perfect in the end. I am anxious to try this pattern too. Thanks for the review!
Ericaeli said... (6/28/10 0:19 AM) Reply
Those look great on you!
Heatherrique said... (6/27/10 11:59 PM) Reply
Sleek looking pairs of jeans!
RadarRadiance said... (6/27/10 11:11 PM) Reply
Very nice, the fit looks great in the pictures. I made a pair and mine are too tight and the material I used doesn't stretch out enough to feel comfy after a full day. I retraced two sizes larger for my next pair. I think it is all a play on denim :) Yours look wonderful and I enjoyed your review.
sewbehind said... (6/27/10 11:04 PM) Reply
Wow, what a fantastic pair of jeans.
21wale said... (6/27/10 9:56 PM) Reply
They look fantastic on you! I have this pattern, but can't figure out what size to start with.
Nan Kay said... (6/27/10 9:50 PM) Reply
It is certainly true that every pair fit just a little differently! The pair I made from non stretch denim have to be dried in the drier or they are to loose. The stretch denim I hang and they stay the same! Go figure!!!! I think yours look great!
Levone said... (6/27/10 9:44 PM) Reply
Nice jeans.
lynne1nor said... (6/27/10 9:00 PM) Reply
Pants look great! (Both of them) I've made three of these now and each one seems to fit a little differently, so I've learned to try them on before putting on the waistband. The 2nd pair shrunk themselves into oblivion after two washes - alas. Now I prewash the denim a *lot*!
GlobalMom said... (6/27/10 8:59 PM) Reply
Your jeans look great! Congratulations!

by: lauramae