Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Wardrobe2010 (Wardrobe Contest 2010)

Reviewed by:optimistic

About optimisticstar
Member since: 9/9/09
Posted on:8/31/10 10:37 PM
Last Updated:9/1/10 9:19 AM

Sweater knit fabrics

sarah121haras said... (9/27/10 7:37 AM) Reply
I love it! They all look fantastic and they have a sort of futuristic edge and appeal! Congrats!
SharonJK said... (9/24/10 12:34 PM) Reply
So perfectly well thought out. I luvv all the pieces and the leather touches are glam.Good luck the washing I'm a litle scared for you....LOL
I am Romy said... (9/23/10 9:33 AM) Reply
This is an intriguing wardrobe with the colors, patterns and style. Very beautiful work. I'm sure you won't go unnoticed with such stunning outfit, congratulation!
Catherine Goetz said... (9/11/10 7:12 AM) Reply
You have done an incredible job here. Your wardrobe is trendy, smart and very put together.
Dmd4106 said... (9/11/10 1:46 AM) Reply
Great looking wardrobe!
Rosesred said... (9/7/10 10:59 AM) Reply
Wow, this is great! Can definitely see the Gucci influence, your wardrobe looks stylish and expensive. Beautiful clothes, and they seem to suit you very well. Love the combinations, it really works well together.
optimistic said... (9/2/10 10:23 PM) Reply
Thank you all! It is great to be able to share my projects with other sewers. I hadn't even thought about laundering the partially leather pieces! I think I'll handwash (dip-wash) them. I have some leather scraps left over, I'll wash those and see how they turn out. I'm glad the pictures turned out well enough.
Kathy in NM said... (9/1/10 8:48 PM) Reply
Great wardrobe! Love the raw edge leather skirt - great use of the leather.
Jane S said... (9/1/10 4:55 PM) Reply
Wow, so chic with an edge. Love how they transition the season and work so well together. bravo!
rivergum said... (9/1/10 4:17 PM) Reply
Fantastic! I love your style. The leather accents are very classy.
CTBarb said... (9/1/10 2:26 PM) Reply
Very sophisticated wardrobe! You did a wonderful job both in design and exceution! Bravo!
barebear said... (9/1/10 12:21 PM) Reply
WOW! This is a gorgeous, and pretty hot wardrobe! I love all the pieces.
WildWyoming said... (9/1/10 10:30 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job! Your measured use of leather shows who leather can be worn tastefully even by a church-going mom and professional. Many of us shy away from leather (other than the classic leather blazer) for fear of looking like we're trying too hard or being too sexy. Your uses are inspirational. Now, how does one launder leather-trimmed pieces? Do they have to be dry cleaned or hand washed? I used to have a black suede skirt, and the one time I dry cleaned it, it lost it's fresh look. Yet, I've read about people washing leather to soften it. I particularly like your leather shrug. What a practical topper for a generally warm area! It could fold up into a large purse or be put on when there are a few hours of cooler weather. And, it wouldn't be heavy to carry like a leather jacket would.
marec said... (9/1/10 10:28 AM) Reply
What a wonderfully stylish wardrobe...it's edgy yet feminine. Love it.
marthamyers said... (9/1/10 9:28 AM) Reply
Black is tricky but you definitely made it work and the photographs are very good. The garments are wonderful. Nice work.
morzel said... (9/1/10 7:21 AM) Reply
This is one stylish wardrobe! Wonderful.
CynthiaSue said... (9/1/10 2:26 AM) Reply
wow. you worked you little tail off!!! Really flattering, stylish, creative and edgy! way to go.
jannw said... (9/1/10 1:07 AM) Reply
very, very nice and what a great idea. Glad it worked well for you
treefrog said... (8/31/10 10:56 PM) Reply
Excellent! It is really great to see personality come out in a wardrobe.
barebear said... (7/6/10 7:13 PM) Reply
I love the inspiration board! What a great idea. I've already revamped mine completely a couple times. :) Can't wait to see how it all pans out for you. The leather touches are a neat idea.
Patty the Snug Bug said... (7/3/10 11:34 AM) Reply
Can't wait! Love the vibe you're on!
sandramary said... (7/3/10 7:47 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love sewing with leather, it's my favourite thing to sew! Can't wait to see the finished garments.
Nancywin said... (7/2/10 10:27 PM) Reply
This is, indeed, inspirational. I can't wait to see your wardrobe start coming together.
JanaL said... (7/2/10 2:39 PM) Reply
Can't wait to see what you make. This looks really creative!

The Technique of Underlining Garments