Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1177 (Misses/Misses' Petite Dress an)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:7/8/10 0:35 AM

Kathi R said... (7/10/10 1:39 AM) Reply
Great use of fabric and another dress for your growing wardrobe of fabulous dresses
SueV said... (7/9/10 5:32 PM) Reply
Q Valley Mary: you could lengthen it. There are 2 rows of tucks at the bottoms, but the "skirt" part is basically rectangles. But, I think part of what makes this look modern is that it is short... any longer may look frumpy, like a long shapeless column.
Q Valley Mary said... (7/9/10 11:29 AM) Reply
I like your idea of wearing this dress as a tunic. The print fabric would work well with dark leggings. Would it also work to lengthen the skirt to the knees, or would that be too complicated for this pattern?
Fran G said... (7/9/10 8:07 AM) Reply
I think this is one of the cutest ,most chic, trendy dresses that I have seen reviewed. I am very tempted to make it for my daughter but she is not easily available for fittings and there is too much work to just wing it! The key to this dress is fabric choice and you nailed it! Thanks for the review.
SueV said... (7/8/10 11:33 AM) Reply
I would recommend Vogue 1160 for a slip, it's much nicer and just as easy. I would not recommend this pattern's slip.
lakaribane said... (7/8/10 10:57 AM) Reply
this pattern is on my wishlist just for the slip so thank you for the pic, LOL! And congratulations for tackling both voile and bias Ambiance on this project, I admire you patience and fortitude ;)
AuntieShel said... (7/8/10 10:32 AM) Reply
Fabulous job with this pattern--it looks very difficult. Yours came out beautifully and I love your fabric. Noted that you were not happy with Ambience for the slip. People love this lining, but to me, it slides away if you just look at it!

by: Sixtiesgir...