Pattern Reviews> Other> Abayah ( Abayah)

Reviewed by:Therisa

About Therisastarstar
Member since: 4/1/07
Posted on:7/9/10 8:47 AM
Last Updated:7/9/10 9:14 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Annika said... (7/11/10 10:08 AM) Reply
Love the idea of making sleeves. And the use of beautiful fabric makes this a winner; there's no resaon for a woman to feel uncomfortable while wearing traditional garb. Good fabric makes it easier to wear.
Sara The Slayer said... (7/11/10 9:08 AM) Reply
That back is gorgeous! Would love to see more pictures, or see it on the customer who it fits.
Therisa said... (7/11/10 4:21 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for all of the nice things you've said, and @drsue, the client is 100% thrilled!
christea said... (7/10/10 8:01 PM) Reply
such beautiful silk.
drsue said... (7/10/10 6:19 PM) Reply
I'm curious what you client thought of your design innovations. Was she pleased with the result?
lauchlen said... (7/10/10 3:36 PM) Reply
That's beautiful. I love the way you used different silks to add visual interest because of the single colour palette. I'm going to have to remember that. I'm trying to learn how to make salwar kameez, kurti and choli. There are no patterns for them but I'm hoping with enough studying of images I can figure it out.
CarolynGM said... (7/10/10 9:27 AM) Reply
Beautifully done, Therisa. The silk fabrics are gorgeous.
Therisa said... (7/9/10 9:38 PM) Reply
@AnneMarie - LOL, the bikini is for my neighbor who had a mastectomy, i took that pic for the review that I plan to post when I finish the garment! lllol
AnneMarie60 said... (7/9/10 7:59 PM) Reply
Pretty burnout pattern on the silk veil. Thoughtful design detail to avoid a garment that irritates the wearer's lower eyelids (Wincing--I can hardly imagine). When I navigated through your photo album, the culture clash struck me when the bikini pic popped into view. As others stated--very interesting.
FreyaStark said... (7/9/10 6:20 PM) Reply
Very interesting. The veil fabric is lovely.
quathy said... (7/9/10 2:15 PM) Reply
Love your textural work and creativity!
JillyBe said... (7/9/10 1:44 PM) Reply
Fascinating info & a beautiful result! This cracked me up: "I made a design decision which cause the item to fit women with a forearm circumference of 13" or less." :D Thanks for a most interesting review!
ryansmumAria said... (7/9/10 1:43 PM) Reply
nice job but it pains me...
squirrellypoo said... (7/9/10 1:03 PM) Reply
Very nice! I love the headscarf fabric in particular. I see so many women dressed in traditional Muslim dress every day on my commute to work, and I'm sure your customer will love it. It oozes style and elegance and taste within the constraints of the design brief. Great job!
Kay Y said... (7/9/10 11:36 AM) Reply
Interesting project - and an unusual one to be reviewed here! I live near a mosque and see ladies in various styles of dress including the niqab but haven't seen any as lovely as this.
mastdenman said... (7/9/10 10:49 AM) Reply
The scarf portion is beautiful.
Aroura said... (7/9/10 10:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful job, very creative changes to a lovely, traditional garment.
Melody said... (7/9/10 10:06 AM) Reply
Wow, That's beautiful. I think your client will be pleased indeed.
KiarasMom said... (7/9/10 9:35 AM) Reply
I love how you played with different fabric textures to add interest to something traditional in design. What a brilliant idea to let the silk velvet border design to show at the back of the khimar -- it is indeed gorgeous. I'm sure your client will be very pleased!
knitmachinequeen said... (7/9/10 9:15 AM) Reply