Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7862 (Shoulder Bag)

Viewed 2074 times
Reviewed by:Hilary

About Hilarystar
Member since: 12/21/02
Posted on:5/9/04 3:57 PM
Last Updated:5/9/04 3:57 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $16.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $16.95 Pattern Details
Susan J. said... (9/22/04 7:56 PM) Reply
I've just made this bag in the average length. Like Hillary's the top of the bag is at my waist. I was expecting it to be lower based on the photo on the pattern envelope.
Barbara J said... (5/10/04 3:01 AM) Reply
Hilary, thanks for reviewing this so quickly after my request, I really like your bag, I won't have staps digging into my shoulders with this one.
Hilary said... (5/9/04 10:28 PM) Reply
PamJr, the bag (petite size) measures 16 & 1/2"x 9", and 32" overall incl. straps. The regular size is 16&1/2"x 11" and 36" overall(with straps. HTH!
PattiK said... (5/9/04 8:52 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review. This is on my upcoming project list but just haven't gotten around to it. This motivates me to get to it!! Thanks!
PamJr said... (5/9/04 7:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Hilary. I love making bags too. About how big is this bag?
Hilary said... (5/9/04 5:53 PM) Reply
ILinda I don't know why its not working. I asked my Dh(family computer whiz) and he doesn't know either.sorry, maybe just try again? Deepika and Anne, thanks for the nice comments! I know the bag you're talking about, Anne, and I was thinking both too :o) lol (I think you've infected us all with purse-itis Deepika! :o)
AnneM said... (5/9/04 4:48 PM) Reply
What a nice looking bag, and what a great style for traveling. J_J just made a Kwik-Sew pattern of a similar bag; I will have to compare & pick one. (Both?)
Linda E. said... (5/9/04 4:26 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and would love to see your picture it doesn't seem to work for me. great review
Deepika said... (5/9/04 4:14 PM) Reply
Hilary, I am a handbag junkie! I've wondered whether to get this pattern or not but your bag has convinced me. It seems simple enough to make and I love the use of tapestry fabric. Thanks a ton for the review. Love your bag!

More Knits