Online Sewing Class: Understanding Sheer Fabrics
Burda 7018 - Denim Jacket.">Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6658 (Lined cape)

Reviewed by:rmusic1

Posted on:8/9/10 3:41 PM
Last Updated:8/9/10 5:06 PM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Vests
Hilary said... (10/23/10 3:33 PM) Reply
Lovely!! I really love your bike, too (my favorite, RED ! :o) The cape turned out beautifully, stylish & functional as well. I think I need one too, and I already have this pattern. Thanks for the review!
Tallahasseelassie said... (8/10/10 3:27 PM) Reply
I think your cape is lovely and job well done. Very smart looking and would never guess the stripes were reflective - thought just decorative. Nicely done. Bet you get loads of compliments when on your bike wearing your cape!
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (8/10/10 2:04 PM) Reply
I usually think capes look rather costumish--but you have changed my mind, I want one just like this! Quit fussing and enjoy, your work is exquisite!
Sana said... (8/10/10 11:08 AM) Reply
I think you're being too hard on yourself. It looks good and adding reflective tapes to the seams was clever.
MissCelie said... (8/10/10 9:14 AM) Reply
So, I love the cape. But, I am totally taken with the entire look and ensemble!
Rebecca D said... (8/10/10 6:54 AM) Reply
I love your cape. What kind of bike do you have? And where did you get your panniers? You are stylin' on your ride.
Michele19 said... (8/10/10 5:44 AM) Reply
Brilliant! It came out great and looks smart and cute.
lareine said... (8/10/10 5:27 AM) Reply
What a fantastic idea, and a great end result! I have a similar style bike and I hate how my modern gear looks on it. You have inspired me to make something more suitable :)
Terri A said... (8/10/10 2:41 AM) Reply
Very wow - love the cape and the photo was cool!
JillyBe said... (8/10/10 1:36 AM) Reply
Love the whole package! The cape, the bike, the setting - fabulous! Quit fussing and enjoy, I say! You are stylin'!
Mazzygirl said... (8/9/10 9:17 PM) Reply
I think you're being too hard on yourself, yes it was a lot of work by the sound of it, but what a great result! Great 'thinking outside the box' to use a cape for a bike-riding cover-up - brilliant idea! who'd have thought it would be perfect for that?! it looks fantastic, its also highly functional & practical to boot with the reflective trim, it can't get much better than that! (except maybe a windslicker version & matching hat for rainy days?? ) Well done!
persevering said... (8/9/10 7:54 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for inspiring posting. As I'm a biker too, all the effort you put into your clever cape makes a lot of sense to me.
ClaireEmily said... (8/9/10 7:52 PM) Reply
That is gorgeous!!! That is a very stylish bicycle and bicycling outfit! (much nicer than my ugly fluro yellow jacket). Inspiring work! =)
FreyaStark said... (8/9/10 6:53 PM) Reply
Very smart, safe and stylish.
Ann Smith said... (8/9/10 6:06 PM) Reply
What a great idea! Too bad you had trouble but I think your end result is just the thing for safe and stylish riding.
sewtime said... (8/9/10 4:54 PM) Reply
Wow, cute and functional!!
bluenines said... (8/9/10 4:38 PM) Reply
very nice cape, great idea to use reflictive fabric for the seams, much more stlyish than the rtw vest that you can buy
ChristmasHills said... (7/11/10 3:38 AM) Reply
An interesting idea. Can't wait for the finished cape.

Favorite Things Little Prairie Girl Pattern