Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> :-) (Embellished Sweater)

Reviewed by:Georgene

About Georgenestarstarstarstar
Member since: 10/5/02
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:5/9/04 9:30 PM
Last Updated:5/9/04 10:11 PM

Other Projects by Georgene using this Pattern

Tailypo said... (2/13/05 0:36 AM) Reply
Yowza! I would never have imagined that those little daisies could be put to such good use!
Gigi Louis said... (2/4/05 11:26 AM) Reply
Wow, Georgene, I don't know how I missed this review! Your sweater is absolutely stunning. Very vintage-looking. I wish I could be so creative!
Rhonda Noah said... (5/23/04 3:28 AM) Reply
How did I miss this review earlier? Glad I saw it when I finally read Sherril's pants review.... This sweater is so wonderful! It is right in style alright. How I wish I could be this creative! Thanks for the inspiration Georgene.
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/10/04 4:24 PM) Reply
What a great idea!!! I have a pink cashmere sweater that is in need of similar treatment. Thank you for the inspiration. -Ann
Georgene said... (5/10/04 2:26 PM) Reply
There are lots of beaded and embellished tops out there at retail right now, and I thought this was a nice alternative to going blind doing your own beading. My local independant fabric store got in a shedload of beaded trims and fringes in the last few months, and I have been drooling over them. Sometimes its hard to figure out how to incorporate them into your garment, though. I thought you all might like to see how this one just grew, kind of all by itself. Its was sort of an adventure.
kathi s said... (5/10/04 9:20 AM) Reply
Wow! Too cute! Love all your imaginative touches - this is what sewing is all about. It looks like a million bucks.
drsue said... (5/10/04 9:00 AM) Reply
Wow! You are so creative.
AnneM said... (5/10/04 8:10 AM) Reply
Great example. I need to get adventurous & try using more trim. I made a nice green dress that is just too green; I need to break it up. Not certain I'm ready to try this just yet, though!
Sew it seams said... (5/10/04 7:53 AM) Reply
Wow Georgene! You completely changed the look of that sweater. It looks like it was a fun project. Great job.
cindyann said... (5/10/04 7:39 AM) Reply
Very cheerful sweater. What a great way to take a so-so top and make it into something wonderful.
Danvillegirl said... (5/10/04 5:43 AM) Reply
Nice touch up to a knit top. Great idea.
MaryBeth said... (5/10/04 4:45 AM) Reply
Ha! Sweater reclaimed and unweildly trim conquered! Very pleasing results, too.
SewTabby said... (5/10/04 2:39 AM) Reply
I love the creative way you've "tarted up" this sweater. Looks like something you might find at Anthropologie.
Karen Bowers said... (5/10/04 1:12 AM) Reply
what fun, georgene! is this for you or someone else?
Liana said... (5/10/04 0:21 AM) Reply
Very cute, and what a good idea to 'improve' things we would never otherwise like enough to wear.

BurdaStyle Magazine 11-2013-117