Pattern Reviews> Fashion Sewing Group> 1960 (twin set)

Reviewed by:Liana

About Lianastarstarstarstar
Member since: 8/31/03
Posted on:5/9/04 11:34 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Gigi Louis said... (7/18/04 12:52 PM) Reply
Liana, somehow I missed this wonderful review! I absolutely love your outfit. I think I am going to shamelessly copy the skirt. ;-)
Donna Wingfield said... (7/18/04 12:26 PM) Reply
The top pattern in this twinset has become my very favorite. I've added a dart, made it sleeveless, made it with a funnel neck, made it from cotton knits, wool jersey, and on and on. Liana's review has insprired me to try the cardigan.
Danvillegirl said... (5/11/04 5:55 AM) Reply
Very elegant! I have the same tweed fabric. It seemed to work okay with the knit as a trim. Interesting. Love the look of the skirt also.
layla said... (5/10/04 9:18 PM) Reply
Stunning Style !! Love This Outfit !!
Rennie Ashby said... (5/10/04 8:48 PM) Reply
So designer!! Just wonderful!!!
MaryBeth said... (5/10/04 8:39 PM) Reply
This suit is wonderful with all the details you've added. I love the way the cuff are not too big but are distinctive. Inspiring!
Liana said... (5/10/04 7:56 PM) Reply
Jan B., Yes, I made the ribbon trim too. It was in Threads #12. (I'm a fast worker!) I've been thinking of it for a long time, and thought this might be the season for it, but this wasn't the garment. Sigh.
Jan B. said... (5/10/04 7:53 PM) Reply
Great outfit, great job! I love all your details. Did you make the ribbon trim you chose not to use on this outfit? Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks for your thoughtful, detailed review.
moushka said... (5/10/04 4:13 PM) Reply
Awesome! Gorgeous! What an inspirational project! Thanks for sharing all te details.
busy91 said... (5/10/04 3:53 PM) Reply
Very Chanel. You did an awesome job.
Liana said... (5/10/04 2:17 PM) Reply
Oopsy Daisy, It's Burda 8566.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (5/10/04 2:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful! What skirt pattern did you use?
Liana said... (5/10/04 11:36 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. I was pleased with this. Anne, Funny you should mention the Chanel photo. I saw it and liked the effect, then thought, hate the tank top, hate the skirt, color is bad, it's too skimpy. Then I wondered what I saw in it! But the idea is so good. Once we get one of those, we can run with it.
AnneM said... (5/10/04 10:54 AM) Reply
What a nice outfit! Very inspiring. I don't look at that chanel outfit & see much of interest. Obviously I need to work on my outfit imagination, since it inspired such a wonderful outfit from you.
PVA said... (5/10/04 10:31 AM) Reply
Wow, Liana, you really hit a home run with this one! All I can do is repeat what the others have written. You look like you could walk into any elegant affair and turn every head in the place! Thank you so much for sharing all the details as well as the finished product. I love it.
Lisa Laree said... (5/10/04 10:04 AM) Reply
Wow! Y'know, I was just looking at this pattern the other day, wondering if it was one I needed. Maybe it is... Anyway, the whole ensemble looks fabulous!
ragner said... (5/10/04 10:03 AM) Reply
Wow, that skirt fits you perfectly and it's so flattering! Meeooooww!
kathi s said... (5/10/04 9:24 AM) Reply
Loove your suit! Its a knockout! I adore Chanel style- it's so elegant. Fabrics are perfect and the little touch of selvedge trim really sets them off!
drsue said... (5/10/04 9:10 AM) Reply
What a wonderful ensemble. Your work and creativity really paid off.
SandraB said... (5/10/04 9:09 AM) Reply
What a great looking outfit. Your extra touches make this simple pattern look so beautiful, elegant and expensive.
Lynngray said... (5/10/04 8:38 AM) Reply
Wow, you look Great. Beautiful outfit. Love the color
Sew it seams said... (5/10/04 7:45 AM) Reply
Your outfit is so beautiful!!! I love all your details. The pink tweed is perfect for the bias cut flounce on the skirt. Thank you for posting all the photos. Great review.
PegL said... (5/10/04 7:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful outfit! You look very stylish in it too!
jlg said... (5/10/04 5:56 AM) Reply
What an elegant outfit. I'm impressed with how you took this year's trends and gave them your own style.
Georgene said... (5/10/04 0:05 AM) Reply
Just beautiful! I love all your elegant touches. I know what you mean about watching out for the 'bathrobe effect'. Your cardigan jacket is probably as comfy as a bathrobe, but looks stylish

Jalie 2322