Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1175 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:7/12/10 1:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Sweater knit fabrics

MissyBelle said... (3/11/11 7:13 PM) Reply
Well, I'm silly enough to wear this dress with ankle boots so you've inspired me. You did a great job constructing it.
wzrdreams said... (8/11/10 11:57 AM) Reply
Could you elaborate more on the sizing and fit? What do you mean by "which brings me to... if any of you want to borrow this dress... you can!" ? Why? Modesty aside, how did this fit you? Did you make the 12 with idea to fit it for yourself? I ask because I want to know how accurate the fit is. The pattern says "close fitting" and we all know how subjective that term is when there is anywhere between 0-2 7/8" ease in "close fitting" dress patterns. I have this pattern and do want to give it a try so more information would be very helpful. Thank you. ETA: Thank you for your additional help and advice!
Ann Smith said... (8/7/10 4:14 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you made this. I've got the pattern too with the same idea that it would be fun to construct even if not wearable by me. I would love to see it on you....
Levone said... (7/14/10 4:55 PM) Reply
Wow, this is a cute dress! I would love to see how it actually looks on you. You should definitely wear it...maybe to a summer wedding or some type of formal/semi-formal event.
Blooms said... (7/14/10 3:24 AM) Reply
I would love to see this on you. I have bought this pattern and a voile to make it up as a beach dress.
JETrinity said... (7/13/10 6:43 PM) Reply
Go ahead and wear it backwards. No will know. I have looked at this dress so many times and wondered it anyone would sew it.
nicegirl said... (7/13/10 1:57 PM) Reply
You are brave to tackle this challenging piece! I think it came out really cute. Would love to see it on you!
Athene said... (7/13/10 0:10 AM) Reply
Your dress is lovely. Thank you for the review. It is really good seeing this dress on a dressform as it definitely shows how low the neckline is. I have the pattern but have not yet made it and seeing the neckline is very helpful to me.
donna mel said... (7/12/10 9:25 PM) Reply
Wow this is beautiful! And looks like it was fun to make.
margk said... (7/12/10 6:48 PM) Reply
Good on you for going ahead with this. I think it is for a similar reason I enjoy sewing costumes - they may only get worn once, but they are fun!
Lynz said... (7/12/10 5:47 PM) Reply
I really like your dress. I might give this one a go as your version looks much nicer than the vogue one.
annie11 said... (7/12/10 4:46 PM) Reply
I love the fact that you are sewing something just for the challenge! Your dress turned out really cute, and I'm glad to hear that it was fun to sew. I have a few Vogue patterns that I've never made because I didn't think I'd wear them- I think I might get them out and give them a go just for the fun of it, thanks to your review!
BeckyNoSleep said... (7/12/10 3:35 PM) Reply
That is very cute, and unique. It would look great as a jumper over a leotard-type top and some leggings!
Audrey B. said... (7/12/10 2:24 PM) Reply
So cute! I bet you could wear a tank under it and a belt over it to dress it down.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS