Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6347 (Easy 1 Hour Dress)

Viewed 2065 times

Posted on:5/11/04 12:38 PM
Last Updated:5/11/04 12:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Katharine in BXL said... (11/29/09 7:17 AM) Reply
You look lovely in it, but *good grief* the neckline looks totally different than on the envelope photo. Thanks for the warning! Meanwhile, you have a fun little cocktail dress.
New2Oki said... (5/16/04 8:38 PM) Reply
I'm always on the prowl for a quick summer dress, too, so I'm glad you reviewed this one. thanks!
Annette H said... (5/11/04 5:59 PM) Reply
Good review! The pattern looks tempting, but I would have bought it without considering the bra aspect. The neckline is lovely, but would pose problems. And if you have to re-draft, it's no longer super-fast.
Levone said... (5/11/04 5:42 PM) Reply
Your dress looks nice, not cheap at all. Thanks for this review as I just bought this pattern yesterday and want to make View D out of linen.
AnneM said... (5/11/04 4:08 PM) Reply
What a difference fabric makes. Your dress looks so fancy compared to the pattern picture. (I always spend more than an hour sewing anything!)
Runrover said... (5/11/04 12:47 PM) Reply
I really like your dress and the fabric. I have seen similar fabric at Joanns and wondered how challenging it was to sew. I have the same problem with necklines -- usually too large for my smaller upper body area. I can see the FBA class was helpful. I got way behind with the class when things got pretty hectic at work. You did great.

You Sew Girl Evening Bag Pattern