Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5541 (Purses)

Reviewed by:SewingSusan

About SewingSusanstar
KY USA
Member since: 2/2/03
Posted on:5/11/04 7:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
JeanetteE said... (5/15/04 12:42 PM) Reply
Love your purse, very cute! I too have a thing for monkeys. Hancocks sells a product called Decor Bond, a heavy fusible interfacing, that I use on most of my purses. I love this product, works great. It's also good for clown hats!
artndl said... (5/13/04 6:14 AM) Reply
Sewing Susan, WOW! I love your fabric! I need to get over to Hancock's and check it out! Beutiful purse...thanks for sharing. Kathy (artndl)
AuntieShel said... (5/12/04 12:44 PM) Reply
Great bag!!! I'll have to get this pattern. Looks like it would be great for knitting supplies.
Deepika said... (5/12/04 7:06 AM) Reply
Great bag Susan. Love your fabric. I've made View A before and in that I fused the fabric with interfacing before and then I used felt as stated in the directions. The bag became nice and beefy.
SewingSusan said... (5/12/04 6:43 AM) Reply
Thanks PattiK. Yes, I think craft weight would have worked much better but I still would use the felt to give the bag some body. The fusible fleece on the soft cotton left a slightly puckered look...a dissapointment.
PattiK said... (5/11/04 7:52 PM) Reply
I love the bag! Great work. Although I think your bag looks wonderful, would craft weight interfacing worked better?